Emily Rae

t/w emotional abuse, car accidents

January 29th, 1990 - February 4th, 2009

Emily Sara Rae is the person responsible for the Jefferson Academy Prom Murders.

Born in Charlottesville, Virginia to a politician father , John Rae , and a mother who was both an actress and a singer , Diana Cheng , Emily was spoiled as a young girl. She got whatever she wanted whenever she wanted. She was close with her older sister, Elsie. Growing up, her parents gave much more focus to their oldest and so Emily was mostly left to be raised by nannies, many of which were emotionally abusive. She never told her parents about it.

In fourth grade, she became very close with Claudette "Dee" Simpson. When she began high school, her parents sent her to Jefferson Academy, a school tucked away in the Appalachian mountains of Charlottesville. Dee's followed the next year. In her Sophomore year, she began dating Nathan Harris.

Flash forward to 2008. Prom is nearing and Emily desperately wants the title as prom queen. She's popular, she's rich, the title is as good as her's. That is until Jolene "Jolie" Johnson lost her right leg after a particularly brutal car accident. Rumors started swirling that Jolie would be named prom queen due to pity votes.

Emily continued to hyper fixate on the prom. She pushed away Dee and Nathan and virtually everyone else she knew, so goddamn laser focused on getting that title. Then, Nathan told her he was taking Jolie to the prom. More hyper fixation. She soon learned about Crystal Carter. Emily fell down a rabbit hole of researching Crystal and very quickly began idolizing her. So much so that she wanted to be exactly like her. She saw the ways Crystal had killed the other prom queen nominees and so on prom night, thus went her plot.

She gave Paige Hamilton poisoned punch, she beat Rowan Daniels to death with a large rock, she bludgeoned Aria Thomas' brains, she strangled and then marinated the remains of Melody Michaels, she drowned Quinn Smith in the pool, she chopped up Unity Goodman and spread her around the school. As for Jolie, she called the police right before she was shot by Emily.

Emily wore the crown and danced around as if she had rightfully won it. The police soon came though and put an end to her fun. In September, a verdict was made that she'd be sent to a physicatric facility for ten years.

Emily Rae died of dehydration at nineteen years old on February 4th, 2009.