The Alpine Prostitute

t/w sex trafficking mention

an enhanced image of The Alpine ProstituteDiscover August 21st, 1991

Discover August 21st, 1991

UNSOLVED

The Alpine Prostitute, also known as the Alpine Jane Doe, is a currently unidentified body.

On August 21st, 1991, Leslie Underwood was walking down the highway near Alpine, Texas, when he tripped over what he initially believed to be a log. What he found instead was a young woman. She was malnourished and you can see her clothes in the image above, though the necklaces were nowhere to be seen. She had been stabbed a multitude of times in the chest. Lying next to her was the image above.

Police were unable to figure out who she was. Her picture was sent out all over the country but nobody recognized her or came forward. She was nicknamed the Alpine Prostitute by police due to the clothes she was wearing and had evidence of sexual trauma. This name is considered disrespectful by most, yet has stuck in popular culture.

She was buried in Holy Angels Cemetery in Alpine, Texas, her grave reading;

THE ALPINE PROSTITUTE DISCOVERED AUGUST 21, 1991

It is highly likely that she had been a sex worker, but, then again, nothing is known.

The following missing girls have been ruled out as the victim;

Natalie Fitman
Carly Alexander
Hannah Canner
Maryann Williams-Dennis
America Carterson
Miriam Edwin
Penelope Withers
Georgina "Georgie" Reeds

As a prevailing theory is that she was a sex worker, or possibly even a sex trafficking victim, the prevailing theory as to who killed her is a client. Her picture is framed in the Alpine police department.

The Alpine Prostitute has been exhumed twice since 1994 and is currently undergoing genealogy tests. An update will come out when she is identified, hoping the genealogy works.