Lilly Canine Update

a recent photo taken of Lilly

As of February 2nd, 2024, Lilly Marie Canine has been found alive and safe in St. Louis, Missouri.

Lilly says she decided to finally turn herself in after hearing Written In Blood's segment on her.

She went into a police station and told them her story.

On July 29th, 1995, nearly a full thirty years ago, Lilly says a woman, who has been named as Abigail Redford, lured Lilly out to her car, saying that she wanted to show her some kittens she had. Lilly, who was eight at the time, believed her and followed her to her car, where she was forced into the car.

Abigail then passed Lilly on her as her own child and constantly moved around the US with her. She changed her name to Caitlyn Lilly Redford. And, so, Lilly was raised by Abigail. She has described Abigail as 'not downright terrible'. She says she was very manipulative. As Lilly got closer to adulthood, Abigail began telling her that her biological family would be angry at her, that they would believe she'd run away. And Lilly believed it.

As such, she stayed in contact with Abigail. She moved around with Abigail for years and eventually got married in 2010 to her husband, Keagan Miles. The couple currently have four children. Isaac (born May 1st, 2011), Kelly (born April 9th, 2013), Peter, and Penelope (born February 6th, 2018). They moved around a lot before settling in St. Louis in 2019. Lilly has said that Kegan nor any of her children knew about her kidnapping until a day before she went to police.

As of now, no statements have been released by Lilly or any of the Canine family. Abigail Redford had been arrested and her trial will begin sometime this summer.