Frederick Road Killer

*not proofread bc this shit is long so uh have fun*

The Frederick Road Killer is an unidentified serial killer believed to be responsible for the death of eight teenage girls between June 1983 and February 1985. The name comes from the road in Jonesville, Connecticut, where all the bodies were dumped.

VICTIM #1

a photo of Dagmar, taken by her sister, Edia, four days before her deathJune 12th, 1965 - June 8th, 1983

June 12th, 1965 - June 8th, 1983

Dagmar Elsa Filipa Brunhilde Lindgren was the first victim of the Frederick Road Killer.

Dagmar was the second of four children, born in Ghotenburg, Sweden. She was eight when her family immigrated from there to Jonesville, due to her mother and father wanting to start a company. They settled on Jonesville, due to it being a small town. Dagmar was described as family and friends as a "rowdy but kind" girl. She always spoke her mind, but was devoutly loyal to her friends and family. She wanted to become a teacher and after the summer of '83, she was to head back to Sweden to attend the University of Gothenburg to major in education. Her older brother, Axel, had also been attending the university, but had been home for the summer at the time of her death.

On the night of June 7th, 1983, Dagmar and her mother, Elsa, got into an argument with one another, over Dagmar being caught smoking. The argument ended with Dagmar promptly marching out of the house. When Elsa asked where she was going, her daughter shouted back "I don't know, to Mandy's!" 

Amanda "Mandy" Ryan was Dagmar's best friend. So, the next morning, when Dagmar hadn't come back, she called the Ryan household and the mother, Linda, answered. Linda said that Dagmar had never come by. Elsa thought that Mandy might've snuck Dagmar in, but she denied this. So, the Lindgren parents filed a missing person's report. Twelve hours later, a classmate of Dagmar, Daniel Stevens, had been driving down Frederick Road when he saw what looked like a trash bag, in the dark light. Daniel had been very environmentally conscious then, so he pulled over, got out of the car with a flashlight and saw Dagmar face up, a bullet to the head and a bullet to the chest. There were no finger prints discovered at the crime scene. Daniel says her body was still warm. Her autopsy revealed she had been sexually assaulted.

When police called the Lindgren family, Dagmar's eleven year old brother, Nils, answered the phone. An officer asked to speak to an adult and Nils got his father, Alfred. The police told him that Dagmar was dead.

"I was standing there the entire time," Nils said in the 2012 Frederick Road Killer documentary. "I remember the way my father screamed. It started out with just 'no's being repeated before he just started screaming. I remember the way my mom, sister and brother came running downstairs. How my mother took the phone and just as quickly broke down sobbing."