Part 2

The dig sit in Mongolia was very busy as paleontologists rushed about to make sure everything was going according to the plan.  A man In his Mid Thirties walked toward the fossil, he wore rugged jeans and a Plain buttoned up shirt with a red hat on his head, the hat contained the image of a Tyrannosaurus Rex bones on it.

"Be careful people, the fossil is not as sturdy as you clearly think" The man shouted at the young paleontologists as they rushed about and dug out the bones of a Velociraptor.

"Alan, they are trying to be careful" A woman In her late twenties said as she walked up to Alan Grant who was growing impatient as the other paleontologists around the site were careless of the important fossil they had just found.

"I know Ellie, it's just I want this to be one of our big finds we can find almost anything and we're just finding our first specimen in a whole year" Alan said to Ellie Battles who wore sand colored jeans and a buttoned shirt, she had Blonde hair and seemed happy.

"We're ready Alan" A man said as he rushed up to Alan and Ellie.

"I hate Computers" Alan said as he walked toward a tarp covered section of the dig site.

"Feelings mutual" Ellie said as she chuckled and followed Alan to the tarp covered area.

"There we go" the assistant said as he turned on a computer and began to type something in causing it to begin rendering an image but it was just a black square " Ready" the assistant then shouted as two other assistants went near the fossil and loaded a strange device similar in structure to a lawnmower. They put a battery into the console and then stood on it before pushing a button causing it to bounce and shoot dust, and the computer started to produce an image of the Fossil.

"Interesting, you can see all the vertebrae running along the tail" Alan said as he pointed to the computer but it turned off as he touched it " What happened"

"It's sensitive to touch but it will recover soon" the assistant said as the computer brought back up the image of the Velociraptor, and Alan continued to point out the vertebrae, but without touching the computer "This program is incredible a few more years of development and we won't even have to dig anymore"

"Where's the fun in that" Alan asked as he continued to get up " As I was saying look at the half-moon-shaped bones in the wrists. No wonder these guys learned how to fly. No, seriously. Uh, well, maybe dinosaurs have more in common with present day birds than they do with reptiles. Look at the pubic bone, turned backwards just like a bird. Look at the vertebrae, full of air-sacks and hollows just like a bird. And even the word 'raptor' means 'bird of prey'" - Grant inspecting the Velociraptor scan and talking about his dinosaur-to-bird theory."

Everyone laughed when suddenly a chubby kid walked forward in the crowd and began speaking.

"More like a six foot turkey" The kid said as Alan sighed and the crowd giggled.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Cretaceous Period. You get your first look at this "six foot turkey" as you enter a clearing. He moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing his head. And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Velociraptor. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side" Alan said as he made a whooshing sound and the kid sighed "and the other two 'raptors you didn't even know were there. Because Velociraptor's a pack hunter, you see, he uses coordinated attack patterns and he is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... a six-inch retractable claw, like a razor, on the middle toe. He doesn't bother to bite your jugular like a lion, say... no. He slashes at you here... or here... or maybe across the belly, spilling your intestines. The point is... you are alive when they start to eat you. So you know... try to show a little respect."  Alan said as he finished scaring the child.

The kid backed up slowly and watched Alan walk away with terror. In the distance a helicopter flew over toward their dig site and as the Helicopter began to land the side showed a strange logo made up of the letters InGen.

The InGen helicopter lands as the paleontologists rushed over to cover the fossil with a tarp, and Alan and Ellie rushed over to the Helicopter and shouted, but they were being drowned out by the sound of the Helicopter.

"Over there" the pilot shouted as he pointed over to one of the dig site's trailers, it was Alan and Ellie's special trailer.

Alan rushed over to the Trailer as Ellie continued to talk with the Pilot. As Alan opened the door to the trailer he saw a Scottish man in his early seventies raiding his fridge.

"What are you doing" Alan shouted at the man as he got up revealing his white button shirt, gray jeans greying hair, and cane topped with a yellowish, rocks like substance that held a mosquito inside.

"I am Hammond, John Hammond" John Hammond said as he popped open a Wine bottle.

"Mr. Hammond, nice to finally meet you" Alan said In shock.

"Who's the jerk" Ellie shouted angrily when she rushed into the Trailer.

"Ellie this is mr. Hammond" Alan said as John smiled