Part 6

"By the time the park opens, we will have hopefully thirteen different species and have two smaller parks under construction" John Hammond said as he picked up his fork and took another bite of the lobster that Jurassic Park's chefs brought out "We have the best chefs brought in from Italy, Germany, China, Japan, and even some from France"

"I hear the island has an abundance of some type of growth that can be used, what was it?" Gennaro asked as he took a bite out of his crab.

"We have an abundance of Coconut near the southern tip, Sugar near here actually, and there is an abundance of Ginger near the north" Hammond said before taking a bite of the salad accompanying his lobster.

"And we can charge anything for admission, there is also a matter of the gift shop, I was thinking make chibi-sized  Dinosaurs and make them have to eat special food made by us and us alone" Donald Gennaro said with a grin as he imagined the possibilities.

"Donald, Donald. This park was not built to cater only for the super-rich. Everyone in the world has the right to enjoy these animals" John Hammond said as he took a bite from his plate.

"Sure, they will. We'll have a coupon day or something." Gennaro said as he continued to grin.

"The lack of humility before mother nature baffles me" Ian said with a frown " It truly does"

"Ian we might have been wrong from our original opinions, I mean we haven't even seen the -" Gennaro said before getting cut off by Ian.

"Yeah, it's worse than we could've imagined" Ian said "It is the defiance of gods wishes, we are bringing back what is meant to be dead and calling it an act of god"

"Now wait a second -" Gennaro said before once again getting cut off by Hammond.

" Let him speak Donald, I truly want to hear every viewpoint" Hammond said "I think"

"Thank you John. Now as I was saying, genetic power is the most powerful source of power on the planet, yet you wield it like a kid who found his dad's gun" Ian said "You're waving it in the face of everyone you cross paths with and sooner or later you will end up firing it, and you might harm yourself"

"It's hardly appropriate to start hurtling accusations, especially when you know so little of what's going on" Gennaro said.

"If I may, if I may. Uh, I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power that you're, that you're using here. It didn't require any discipline to attain it. You know, you read what others had done, and you, and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility... for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses, uh, to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew it, you had, you've patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunch box, and now (bangs the table) you're selling it, you wanna sell it, well." Ian said as Hammond began to frown.

"I don't think you are giving us our due credit, Our scientists have accomplished something no one else has ever been able to do" Hammond said.

"No, your scientists were preoccupied on whether they could when they should've thought on whether they should" Ian said.

"Condors. If I put Condors on this island you wouldn't be talking with me about this right now, you would be thanking me for my contribution to society" Hammond said now clearly angry.

"That is different, Dinosaurs had their shot, they didn't die from deforestation or anything else us humans have done, the condors are dying from that though" Ian said.

"I simply don't understand, this kind of behavior is strange for you scientists, you usually rush to help with the magnificent discovery" Hammond said.

"That's not discovery, that's the destruction of the natural world, what you call discovery leaves scars on the natural world" Ian said "And what's so good about discovery"

"Well, the question is, how can you know anything about an extinct ecosystem? And therefore, how could you ever assume that you can control it? You have plants in this building that are poisonous." Ellie said as she showed Hammond a flower she saw nearby "You picked them because they look good. But these are aggressive living things that have no idea what century they're in and they will defend themselves. Violently, if necessary."

"I can't believe this, you can at least believe in what I'm doing, right Alan" Hammond said.

"I'm not sure Hammond, it seems to be a living explosive" Alan said.

"I can't believe this, I bring you two here to defend me against these characters" Hammond said as he gestured to Ian and Gennaro " And the only one on my side is the Blood-sucking Lawyer"

"Um, thanks" Gennaro said in an offended tone.

Then a waiter went up to Hammond and whispered something in his ear.

"Well they're here" Hammond said before getting up and walking through the double doors.