Part 8

"What's wrong with it?" Tim asked as Ellie continued to talk with Dr. Harding.

"They're not sure, it could be anything" Ellie said.

"Ellie, it's tongue has something" Alan pointed out to Ellie.

"Huh, what are it's symptoms? Harding?" Ellie asked as she continued to inspect the poor creature with it's marvelous 3 inch thagomizers and one foot scutes, the creature was clearly in pain.

"Um, it's symptoms are Imbalance, Disorientation Labored Breathing, and Massive Diarrhea" Harding said as "But they pass through here every week and get sick every six"

"It feeds constantly?" Ellie asked as Dr. Harding checked his notes.

"Yes, an animal this size eats constantly so as to stay moving and alive" Harding said as he checked " It has to eat five or six hundred pounds of plant matter daily"

"Then it shouldn't be poisoning from it's diet, may I take a look?" Ellie asked as she reached out her hand for the flashlight.

"Sure the pupils should have a miotic effect, from the tranquilizer" Harding said as Ellis stared at him then the eye.

"It's dilated" Ellie said as Harding bent Down to get a better look " Do you see this plants?"

"The west Indian lilac? Yeah, we know they're poisonous but the dinosaurs don't eat them" Harding said.

"Are you sure? They have all the symptoms of Melia Toxicity?" Ellie said as she looked around for anything else that could help solve the issue. When suddenly she noticed a pile of smooth stones nearby some west Indian lilac berries "They use Gizzards stones?"

"Yes, they do how'd you know? Harding asked as he walked over to Ellie.

" There are some over there" Ellie said as she pointed over to the smooth stones nearby. "my guess is that they replace the stones every six weeks and eat some berries in the process causing them to get Melia Toxicity"

"Interesting, I'll have some of the men get rid of the bushes right away, and then we can help the animals recover" Harding said.

"You guys go on, I got it here" Ellie said as the others nodded and left.