How You're Both Dealing With It {Part III}

(Quick explanation: I might not be able to post my Friday update tomorrow, so you all get an update a day early this week.)

Jay's POV

Okay. This is it. If this doesn't work, I'm doomed. I can only think of one more way to contact y/n. If I message her and she doesn't reply, I'll have to give up. Here goes nothing...

Your POV

You're on your bed, trying to convince yourself to get up and do something, anything, when your computer chimes with a message alert. You leap over to your desk and open the message without checking to see who it's from -anything to get your mind off of Jay. You jump when you realize that Jay messaged you using Perfect Match. You blocked him on everything else, but you didn't even think about the Perfect Match website because the two of you don't use it anymore.

Zatrap: Hello?

Zaptrap: Y/n?

Zaptrap: I'm sorry.

Zaptrap: I miss you.

Zaptrap: I love you.

You stare at the screen and feel a wave of conflicting emotions. You're still hurt by what happened, but at the same time, you desperately want to believe Jay and forgive him. You stand up and pace back and forth across your room, trying to make up your mind. To forgive or not to forgive? To listen or not to listen? To be or not to be? ...you can't resist a smile as you imagine Jay making that joke.

"But that is the question," you sigh to yourself, flopping down on your bed. You lay there for about two seconds before you're up and pacing again.

Jay's POV

I can't give up. Come on, y/n, don't let me down. Please read it, please, please, please...

Your POV

An hour later, you're still pacing, and you're not any closer to making a decision. Finally, you decide there's only one thing to do: flip a coin.

You look around your room and finally find a dime in your pocket. You turn it over a few times and balance it on your thumb.

"Okay," you mutter. "Heads, I forgive him, tails, I move on." Then you flip the dime into the air. It spins and sails almost to the ceiling, then curves back down, bounces off the edge of your desk, and vanishes under your bed.

Jay's POV

She'll show up. She has to show up. I have to believe that she'll show up. Don't give up, Jay...

Your POV

You don't bother looking for the dime. As soon as it started coming down, you realized what you really want. First things first. You sit down at your computer and type up a quick reply to Jay's messages.

Jay's POV

She's not coming.

(HAHAHA! Cliffhanger! I'm mean...)