Wake-Up Call

"Y/n...y/n..."

"F've more min's..." you mumble, pulling your blanket over yourself. You're warm and comfortable and it isn't light out yet. You might be a morning person, but whatever time it is right now is too early for you.

The person who's been trying to shake you awake sighs. "Come on, little sister, it's the best day of the year! You wouldn't want to sleep through it, would you?"

You pull your blanket tighter over your head. "It can be the best day of the year tomorrow. Le'me sleeeeeeeep."

"All right, you asked for it. Three, two, one..."

You clutch your blanket tighter, trying to prevent what you know is coming, but it's no use. Y/b rips your blanket right off your bed. You curl into a ball and shiver at the sudden rush of cold air.

Y/b triumphantly holds the blanket out of reach. "Come on, y/n, get up!"

"Give that back!" you groan, making useless grabs for the blanket with one arm while trying to conserve as much body heat as possible.

"Not until you get up! Come on, y/n, it's Christmas!"

He's not bluffing. Y/b is always the first member of your family awake every year on Christmas, and he can never wait for everyone else to wake up. So he makes it his personal mission to make sure no one else can sleep until they finally agree to open presents with him.

You sit up in bed and shiver some more. "Fine, I'm up! Now give that back!" you snatch the blanket from y/b's hands and wrap it around yourself. "What time is it, anyway?"

"Four thirty."

You rub your eyes and stand up. "You let us sleep in this year."

"I'm the best older brother, aren't I?"

"Sure," you mumble. "I'm going downstairs to wait for everyone else."

"That's fine. Lloyd is helping me wake people up this year."

Lloyd. Why are you not surprised? The only thing you are surprised about is that Jay apparently isn't helping them. He would definitely jump on the wake-everyone-up-at-the-crack-of-dawn-on-Christmas bandwagon.

You yawn and pull the blanket tighter. "Great. Two of the world's best noisemakers both under one roof. What could possibly go wrong?"

"Go downstairs, little sister," y/b tells you. "And no going back to bed, or I'll get the water bucket!"

You groan. "Please tell me you didn't tell Lloyd about your water bucket idea."

"Of course I did! It's a great idea! It worked on you, didn't it?"

"One time. And I have ninja skills now. If you tried the water bucket I would have kicked your butt."

"No you wouldn't."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm your brother and you love me."

"No I don—" y/b makes a puppy-faced look, and you sigh again. "Yes, I do. I'm too tired for this. Just go find other innocent people to torture, please. Like o/b."

"I love you too, little sister."