Getting Some Answers

You finally find Slithraa hiding in an alley not far from your dorm.

"Oh, um, hey, y/n," he says nervously.

You grab Slithraa's shoulders and slam him against the wall. "Where's Jay?"

"Um...I don't know what you're talking about," Slithraa tries to protest.

"Don't play dumb with me!" you yell. "You know exactly what I'm talking about! You were only pretending to be my friend so you could get your scaly hands on my boyfriend!"

Slithraa sighs and slumps in defeat. "Okay...you win. I wasss on a reconnaissance mission for General Ssskales. He wanted me to gather information about you and see if he could use it to lure the ninja into a trap."

You lower your fist slightly, but try to make it clear that you're still ready to punch his lights out. "Keep going."

"The original plan wasss to capture you and use you as bait," Slithraa explains, looking apologetic. "But when that backfired, General Skalesss ordered me to become your friend to learn about the ninja. Once I'd gotten enough information, the Serpentine ssset a trap for the ninja and captured him."

"Okay..." you say slowly. "But why—?"

Slithraa looks at the ground. "Sssklaes had already hypnotized your frined, ssso I convinced him to order the ninja to break up with you. I figured that if you thought your boyfriend had dumped you, you would ssstay away from the ninja and be sssafe."

You slowly lower your fist and let go of Slithraa. "Where is he?"

Once again, the Serpentine looks at the ground. "He'sss in a tomb we dug beneath the city. You can get there through the sssewers."

You step back. "Thanks."

"You aren't going after him, are you?"

"You bet I am," you reply, narrowing your eyes angrily. "He'd do the same for me."

Slithraa opens his mouth, looks at the determined expression on your face, and then sighs. "Be careful, y/n."

You nod. "I will. And by the way, sorry about this."

"About wh—"

Slithraa doesn't get to finish his question before you punch him in the jaw as hard as you can, knocking him out. You probably didn't really need to do that, but it felt good. And this way, if one of Slithraa's friends finds out that he told you where Jay is, he can say that you made him—and he'll have a bruise to prove it.