Elemental Powers?

You stretch out on the floor of the living room, lying in a large patch of sunlight, and sigh in contentment. The monastery has the best fluffy carpet to lie down on.

You're here to visit Jay, but he had to help Zane with a mechanical problem. He said it shouldn't take long to fix. At least, you assume that's what he said. There was a lot of jargon in Jay's explanation. Whatever he said, you decided to take a quick snooze on the living room carpet until he's done fixing Zane.

You smile and rest your head on your arms, enjoying the feel of the sunlight on your face. The only thing that could make this better would be a nice, gentle breeze. Oh, well. You guess you can't have everything.

A few minutes pass, and Jay doesn't show up. Lulled by the warmth and soft carpet, you drift off to sleep.

"What the heck?"

You sit up straight at the sound of Jay's yelling. The first thing you notice is a cool breeze ruffling your hair, and the second thing you notice is that all the ninja (and Nya) are standing in the door to the living room and staring at you.

Jay rubs his eyes and looks around the room as the breeze fades away. "Did you guys see that?" The other ninja nod. "That's what I was afraid of."

You scramble to your feet, flushing red from embarrassment. "I was just taking a nap! I wasn't doing anything wrong!"

"That's...not what I was talking about, y/n..." Jay says slowly.

"What?" you ask blearily. When nobody answers the question, you repeat, "What?!"

"It seems that you control the element of wind," Sensei Wu's voice says from behind the ninja.

You let out a startled laugh. "What? No way."

Sensei Wu nods. "Yes way."

Jay's jaw drops. "My girlfriend is an elemental master? Really?" he glances at Sensei Wu, then back at you. "That is so cool! Pinch me, I'm dreaming."

Zane pinches his arm.

"Ow!" Jay yells. "Why did you do that, Zane?"

"You said you wanted to be pinched," Zane replies. "So I pinched you."

Jay rubs his arm. "It's just an expression, Zane."

"Oh."

"Back to the matter at hand," Sensei Wu says pointedly, looking at Jay and Zane. "Y/n will need training to unlock her powers and her full potential. I trust you ninja can handle this responsibility?"

The ninja nod, and there's a chorus of yesses.

Sensei Wu looks at you. "Are you ready, y/n?"

You shrug. "Well... Sure, why not? Let's do it."