The Morning After

(Hello! Yes, as promised, I am back! Happy reading, Wattpadians!)

You wake to the sound of a groan and sit up. Jay is sitting up in your bed, looking confused. "Oh, hey, y/n. What happened last night?"

"You don't remember?" you ask.

"Well, I remember that we got dressed in costumes and went to some kind of Halloween party, but after that, all I remember is this really weird dream I had. There were people everywhere, and a table knocked me over, and then I got kidnapped by Nya...wait," he frowns as something occurs to him. "That wasn't a dream, was it? How drunk was I last night?"

You laugh and shake your head. "You were pretty out of it. I had to carry you back here."

Jay chuckles nervously and rubs the back of his neck. "Okay, I feel pretty stupid now."

"It's my bad," you say. "I should have warned you that most of those drinks have alcohol in them."

Jay gets out of bed. "Well, I've learned my lesson. No more drinking at parties."

You hop up as well. "Glad to hear it."

"So," Jay says, stretching. "What are we gonna do today?"

"Well, there's a gym on campus," you suggest. "Nobody should be there because it's the morning after Halloween, and some exercise will do you good."

"Sounds great!" Jay agrees. "I need to catch up on my training anyway, or Sensei will get mad at me. But can we stop by the pharmacy first and get some Tylenol? I kind of have a headache."

"Deal," you say, leading Jay out the door.

Just like you expected, the campus gym is empty. Jay runs through some of his 'warm-ups,' as he calls them, while you practice with your elemental powers. You're getting better at controlling them, but there's a long way to go.

Eventually, you excuse yourself to get a drink. The water fountain is around the corner from the main gym, out of Jay's sight. You're just bending down to get a drink when someone says, "Hi, y/n."

You choke on the water you were drinking, then turn around to see Slithraa.

"What are you doing here?" you whisper. "Halloween's over! If you get caught now, you could be in big trouble!"

"Oh, um...I got...held up and...uh...had to find a place to hide," Slithraa explains. "It's too dangerousss for me to head back home now. I have to wait until tonight."

"Oh, okay," you agree. "That makes sense."

"Hey, y/n!" Jay yells from around the corner. "Come on in here and practice your moves!"

You glance at Slithraa and shrug. "Gotta go. See ya."

"Bye, y/n."

You jog back over to Jay and put your hands on your hips. "Again with the ninja training?"

"Well, yeah," Jay says, spreading his hands. "Who knows, y/n, maybe today, you'll learn Spinjitzu!"

You roll your eyes. "Don't get your hopes up. It took you how long again?"

Jay sighs. "A while..."

"Exactly. And I've only been at this for a few weeks. What is it that Sensei Wu always tells you?"

"Y/n can we please not talk about this?"

"Patience," you finish with a teasing grin. "Something you need to learn more about."

Jay sighs. "Can we please just train, y/n?"

You sigh. "All right. But I'm only doing this to make you happy."