Prom

"Are you ready, y/n?" b/f/n asks from the other side of the door. She doesn't have a date for prom, but she agreed to help you get ready after Jay asked you. You stand in front of your mirror and twirl one more time.

"Yep, I'm ready," you announce. You're wearing a sleeveless blue dress with decorative silver embroidery, matching shoes with low heels, and silver earrings. Your hair is pulled away from your face and twisted up in back.

At that moment, Jay bursts into the room. "I'm here! And wow, y/n, you look hot!"

You laugh a little. Jay is wearing a tuxedo with a blue bow tie, and his hair is combed over. You like it better the way it normally looks, but you appreciate the effort.

"Did you get a corsage?" b/f/n asks. "Put it on now! I can't wait to see it!"

"I didn't get a corsage," Jay admits, "but I got something way better!" He pulls a beautiful bracelet out of his pocket and slips it onto your wrist. It's designed to look like a string of small, blue flowers.

You turn your wrist over and admire it. "Wow, this is amazing, Jay. Where did you get it?"

"I saw it in a store and thought of you," Jay says with a smile.

"It's perfect." You smile back.

B/f/n coughs into her fist to get your attention. "I thought you two were going to prom?"

You snap yourself out of Jay's dreamy green eyes and sigh. "All right, let's go. Spoilsport."

B/f/n waves as you and Jay climb into the limo he rented. "Don't forget to tell me all about it!"

You and Jay both laugh. You both know that if you didn't tell b/f/n, she wouldn't stop pestering you until you told her everything anyway.

Prom is everything you dreamed it would be. There are cute decorations, romantic dancing with Jay, of course, and lots of people are saying hi to you. You used to not have many friends at all, but Jay helped you develop your self-confidence, and you've made tons of friends over the past few months. Some of them are even saying that they voted for you for Prom Queen!

Jay laughs a little bit as he gently pulls you away from another group of people and onto the dance floor. "They all want to spend time with the prettiest girl in the room."

You blush. "You're just saying that."

"Nope, I mean it, any guy would—look out, y/n!" Jay picks you up by your waist and pulls you aside an instant before a stream of bright red punch lands right on the spot where you were standing, leaving a puddle on the floor.

You look over your shoulder and see g/n with an empty cup in her hand. "Oops," she says, without even a hint of remorse. "I slipped."