2. She returns

"She's waking up!" Someone squealed with excitement. "Do we need the doctor?" I knew who it was, Felicity. Before I passed out, I had the nurse call her over.

"No, she'll be fine," the voice of a woman I strongly believe is the nurse's said calmly. "Don't stress her out." I heard her footsteps before the gentle closing of the door. I forced my eyes open then, she was there still staring at me.

"Hey, you okay?" She asked softly. "I know you are not but I mean—"

"It's okay," I gasped out and coughed. "I'm thirsty."

"Oh! Don't mind me!" She quickly picked up the covered glass of water on the table and brought it to me. She helped tilt my head up and brought the glass to my lips before I drank a little.

"Thank you," I whispered. She saluted with an unusual extra wide grin. "How long have I been out?"

"Three days. The doctors said you needed the rest." I nodded.

"Thank you, Felicity."

"You know, I always thought that you'll be from a poverty stricken home, a family of lame asses but now I wonder how you got related to such a badass bitch!" She shrieked. I would have been really insulted if I knew what she was talking about.

"I don't understand," I said tiredly, making sure my voice gave out my confusion.

"Of course, you don't! I'm talking about your older sister, Marielle!" My eyes widened, my heart taking a new pace. "After I received the call from the hospital, I got ready to go but it was raining, you see, I had to wait until morning. By the time I had hurriedly fixed myself up, it was way past brunch. I was running out when I heard the most beautiful voice, much more pleasant to the ears than Maribeth's or any other. "Excuse me, I'm looking for Marinette Karnowsky, I was told she lived here. Do you know her room number?" She asked so politely. I almost passed out from how melodious her voice sounded—"

"Where is this story heading?"

"Shhh, I'm not done," she shushed. "She was asking a short brunette but the Maribethians were there so they quickly challenged her. "Why are you looking for that loser?" Maribeth asked scornfully. The girl's lovely face took a confused look. "Pardon?" She asked clearly confuse—"

"Can you summarise the story and not narrate it the exact way it happened?"

"What fun will that be? Don't interrupt me," she snapped. She really loves telling stories and that is why she aimed to be a writer. She was enthusiastic and couldn't wait for every little detail to roll off her tongue with pleasure, she even stood up to add demonstration. "Why are you looking for Marinette?" Maribeth did hiss. The girl folded her arms calmly. "She's my little sister, what is it to you?" At that moment, everyone including yours truly was so shocked that you could have such a sexy sister…" I lost the zeal to listen after those words were uttered. Not because I was offended, but because I had more exciting things to ponder on. If indeed Marielle is the one she was talking about, then my life was as good as better because she will always defend me, it means she never forgot me. I really needed to listen to be sure.

"…and she twisted Maribeth's fragile fingers until three snapped out of position. It was so fun to watch!" She squeaked with a very delighted laugh. "She beat the whole army of seventeen plastic lalaloopsies like they were punching bags."

"Yeah?" I murmured.

"Then I came out and introduced myself with a very safe distance in case she tried to kick my balls—"

"You are female,"

"Shhhhh, I told her everything that happened, brought her here and when she saw all the scars on your body, she exploded, blew her fuse and asked for names. Oh, you trust me, I gave her every single name of the fools that have made your life unbearable and she went after them. Just this morning, the news of all the Hellhounds found unconscious and badly wounded spread in the school gossip channel. Even some others who have hurt you got punished one way or the other…oooh! Like Sasha! Every hair in her body got shaved and she was wrapped up in poison ivy and hung down from the school building naked. She's legit! No one knows who did it but I do." The door flew open that moment, a pair of angry eyes piercing into my soul and making me squirm.

She was outstanding, gorgeous, stunning! Her silky glossy amber hair flowing over and behind her shoulders in waves. Her well sculpted oval face added more beauty to her look, her electric blue eyes which always sparkled was still there. When I said sparkled, I meant starlight sparkle. I looked down at her body, my subconscious yelling out her hotness to me. Her beauty and features had this dainty look to it, this fragile appearance that will make you think she is a delicate little flower, one that could break with the slightly wrong movement. My sister, Marielle.

"You are alive," she voiced out derisively. Her voice was indeed how Felicity described it to be. "I really hoped you would die," she sauntered to me as she spoke, her vivid eyes never leaving my weak body. "I vividly remember that you promised me you won't let yourself get bullied, that you would be strong no matter what." The sunlight reflected on her pale white skin, giving it a cheesy glow. She had always been pale looking. Not frighteningly pale, just pale in a sort of beautiful way.

"Ever since you left for college three years ago, we only spoke through letters for the first semester. You wouldn't give me your address, you didn't call or text but liked the old fashion way. Then you stopped replying to my letters, I had no means of reaching you because I couldn't ask our parents. I thought you abandoned me." I said sadly. I did promise her I would stand up for myself no matter what, but after she stopped replying to me, I realised how worthless I was. If the only person that loved me could abandon me, what good am I?

"I told you before that the school I was going to has bad communication means, I left because you assured me that you would be strong…"

"You are one to talk, you abandoned me!" I flared. "You have no right to walk back into my life and criticise me for letting misery overtake me after the one person who cared about me ditched me. For three years, Marielle! You forgot about me!"

"Yet here I am once again, doing what you should do for your own fucking life!" She barked. "Don't fucking use me as a fucking excuse for your weakness and patheticness. Do I always have to protect your weak behind! I was keeping away from you to protect you from my enemies! I was away because I needed you to be a hundred percent safe! My father was right, being amongst humans wouldn't help you one bit!"

"I'm sorry," I sobbed. "It's not that easy."

"Being a victim of constant rape, insults, humiliation, beating and so on, aren't you tired of it?" She was beside me now, not smiling at all. She sighed and stroked my hair, her eyes glistening. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have left you all alone. I thought you'd be… no, I convinced myself that you will be fine, but you're not. Look at your body. I can't believe I was foolish enough to leave you behind, I should have…"

"Don't blame yourself, it's my fault."

"And mine as well, mostly!" She screamed. "I knew how easily intimidated you were, I knew the kind of nonsensical low self-esteem you have, yet I still left, convincing myself that you'll be fine. How could I be so stupid!" I flinched, jumping away from her a bit. Something about her new aura just wasn't sitting right. I knew she wouldn't hurt me, but I also knew she felt different. But, anyone can change in three years, right?

"A…are y-y-you going to leave m-me a-again?"

"Over my dead body. I'm going to protect you better this time, you are coming to my college with me, don't argue." Of course, it was a yes from me.

"I don't know the college you attend, I also have to start allover from year one?"

"Maybe." She smiled, wiping off her tears.

"When I sent you mails, I only had to send it through that small post office with the special post card you gave me and your name. Why is your school so secretive?"

"You'll see, Marinette, you'll see."