6. A new friend

Classes were going on fine, if you'll call confusion fine that is. I didn't fully understand a thing but everything was going just fine, well, almost. The teaching methods were similar to humans, only more advanced with a huge touch of magic and freakiness. I had to fight to stay conscious while watching monsters teach, I was surprisingly taking it very well. The good news was that I hadn't encountered any bully, yet.

"Hey! Wait up!" Someone shouted. I didn't know it was me so I kept hurrying to get to my next class. "New girl! New girl! Marielle's sister!" I stopped and spun on my heels. A female was running to me. She had long green hair with pink streaks all over. Her hair was too straight to be real but yet it was real. Her hair stopped at her waist with very sharp tips, like thousands of needles. Her eyes were pink, small ultra-pink just like her small lips. She had no makeup on and she was shorter than I was but yet the most beautiful pale green-skinned girl I had ever seen. She had a freaking long tree snake wrapped around her neck, its head resting on her shoulder.

As for what she wore, she went with a black side lace V-neck made out of a giant leaf or something related, green shorts and wooden knee-high boots.

"Hi?" I said nervously, backing off because of the snake. "What might you be?"

"Tree nymph, you can call me Leaf."

"Nice to meet you, Leaf, I'm Marinette," I smiled as I continued walking. She skipped beside me, swaying her hands sideways. "Do all tree nymphs look like this? I've always imagined them to be small fairy-like creatures with green skin and twigs sticking out of their bodies."

"Oh, they are kinds like that, with leaves sticking out of their branches as well. Some are wooden, most with vines, leaves or normal green hair. Many are beautiful with a normal body but there must be twigs or something sticking out of them, I am the only one born with this feature." She squealed.

"You get bullied?"

"Difference isn't a very good thing with nymphs, they like sticking to their breed and kinds, so being different is hard. I don't know why I am like this, the blade hair and no twigs. The only odd thing about me is my skin colour but for months now, my skin keeps changing to a light wood colour and changing back," she flicked her hair. "Mother says I might completely change skin and that would make everything worse,"

"And the snake?"

"I found him in a bush, he was injured and all alone. I call him Raspberry." She shrieked, she was loud.

"A snake, Raspberry?" I asked sceptically.

"Don't be sceptical with me," she said sheepishly. "Everybody and their weirdness. I call him Raspberry because he loves eating and blowing them,"

"I see," I looked away, running my eyes around for a means of escape.

"So, you are new here, right?"

"As you can see,"

"Do you have any friends yet? I don't. Do you mind if we become friends? I would really like that. People say I'm weird, that they don't want to be friends with a shrieking weirdo," Yeah, you are a weirdo and that's saying something because I'm usually the weird one.

"Mm hm-"

"We can help protect mother nature together, have liberty matches, revolutions and even share my seaweed cake and be vegetarians! We could do community..." I don't know where the courage came from, I placed my hand on her head and patted it.

"You know how you said no one wants to be your friend because people think you are weird and you don't know why?"

"Yeah?"