44. The oldest vampire

Please leave a vote before you start reading. 😘 Merry Christmas in advance.

Marielle's father's home was a grey and leaf-green castle with a haunted pallid red sky and large dragons circling the castle below it. Ravens and gargoyles were the tenants of the exterior part of the castle. Soldiers of steel and metal guarded every single corner of the castle, guard dogs roaming around with their owners. It was such a beautiful castle it made me wonder if he was the king. Ace waved and spoke loudly to anyone and everyone, his hand on my waist all through. I was more quiet, finding comfort in looking at the blood-red floor. Of course, many people were looking at me. I was the strange girl with the fire-head prince. The party was going fine. Ace pulled me along to greet and meet everyone he knew. He even introduced me to my mother's family who I already knew because you know, they are my family. I introduced them to him when I took him along to the witch village to take my inheritance. Ace thought it was funny to reintroduce us. His wackiness is his charm.

Sweet news, Gomez and Leaf sorted their problem. Gomez had his hand around her shoulders as they talked to a man, laughing at whatever Leaf was saying. Along the way, I met Ace's father, a tall man with a thick deep voice. He looked exactly like Ace, or rather, Ace looked like him. The difference between them was their skin colour and eyes. He was gorgeous and had a very powerful aura. We spent just fifteen minutes with him, five with me talking to him and the rest with him arguing with Ace over something I am yet to understand. Frena was right, all they do is quarrel and fight. Eventually, they both stomped towards different directions, fuming and cursing under their breaths, leaving me to stand there like a complete fool.

Well, that went well.

"Marinette!" Elle's voice brought peace to my anxiety. I strained my neck to find her. "Over here, sis!" I stood on the tip of my toes and roamed my eyes around. I found her, she was nudging her way through the crowd to get to me. I waited until she got to me, a dazed smile on my face. I was dazed by how beautiful she looked.

Her black dress flowed behind her like a royal cape, the epaulette in her dress, flowing down from her shoulders. She looked like a queen with everything she had on, even her makeup was outstanding.

"Wow, Marielle, you look like a queen in this dress," I spluttered immediately as she got to me. She chuckled and threw her hands around me, enfolding me in a hug.

"You look stunning as well," she said into my neck. "I've missed you, a lot."

"We saw each other yesterday," I chuckled.

"Not enough," she whispered. She sighed heavily.

"Worried?"

"Scared. I'm afraid, Marinette, I saw what you would do if things didn't work out well, I saw it in a vision. Rinette, please don't do it, don't use your life to end Ivy's, don't die and leave me alone."

"If it gets to that point, I will have to,"

"There is another way, I want you to trust me. If anything happens, remember to look for me and do exactly what I would be doing, okay?"

"I can't—"

"Promise me, Marinette," she whispered. "I beg you." The plea in her voice made me wince. She sounded hopeless and desperate, I just had to say something to assure her.

"Okay, I won't do anything stupid." She pulled away from me but still kept her hands on my shoulders.

"Hmm," she looked at me from head to toe. "Is it me or are you getting fat?" I looked down at myself. I thought I was the only one who noticed it.