28. Assemble

Please leave a vote before you start reading. 😘

I made my way to Marielle's class, the wind gushing against my skin and whistling into my ears as I flew with speed to her. My wind forced the door open, sending it flying open with an aggressive bang on the wall. Everyone inside gasped and when I flew in, they gasped more. I looked around for Elle, straining my eyes frantically to find my sister.

"Who are you?" The teacher, a creepy crab-like man with a steel body, asked bravely like I was a threat.

"Marinette," Elle called as she stepped out from the back of the auditorium. I flew to her, shifting back to me before landing in front of her. I surprised her with a hug, one filled with worry and fear. "Whoa! What's wrong?"

"Please don't leave me, no one can take you away from me, you are all I have in this world. Please don't leave me," I sobbed.

"I'm not going anywhere, Rinette, I'm right here for you. What did you see? Did I die?" I shook my head negatively. "Did I abandon you?"

"No, it…it…" I broke into tears again.

"Sir, can I take her home? She must be overreacting to a dream," Elle asked the teacher politely.

"Sure thing, dear, you can go," Elle took my hand and zapped out of the auditorium. She ran me to her car and helped me in while I cried like a baby. Just as expected, Ace appeared at the car and opened the door, looking very agitated.

"What happened, babe?" He asked softly, lowering himself to a crouch.

"I'm scared," I cried. He took my hands and gently laced our fingers together. "What if I fail? Does that mean everyone would die? What will I do then? I can't lose you or Elle or Ann, Leaf, Gomez…"

"You are not losing us, babe, I promise. First, tell us what's wrong?"

"Can you call for Gomez, Ann and Leaf? I need them to be here,"

"Okay…?" He looked at Elle who nodded. "I'll take her home to calm her down, you bring the others and my car. No matter what you do, don't let Gomez drive my car." He warned.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," she waved him off dismissively and sped away. Ace carried me into his arms like a baby, shut the door and ran off. I held the collar of his shirt tight, breathing softly into his neck and letting his scent calm me down.

"Fuck, Rinette, you are turning me on," he growled. Horny bloodsucker. When we got to the house, he dropped me on the chair and used his shirt to mop my face. "Ace, I'm hungry,"

"I have some nice sweetened chicken back home. Wanna eat?"

"Can you get it for me?"

His smile faltered but he nodded.."Be right back," and with that, he was gone. Felix, the ghost boy, showed himself, the only one I had yet to help. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Get me a knife," I instructed but then I remembered I was talking to a ghost. I channelled my pure magic from my mother's side and snapped it between my fingers, forming a sharp curved blade.

"A knife? You want me dead?"

"No,"

"Then what do you need a knife for?"

"You can't die, Felix, stop questioning me," I said as I touched the diamond in my book.

"I can be banished, you know,"