14. You cheated

Leave a vote before you begin, thank you? 😘

I bit my lip meticulously. Ace and I were playing a game, PS5 that is. It was a ninja game, and his avatar was kissing my foot. Fortunately, years of being alone turned me into a game master, but Ace was good.

"Shit!" He exclaimed as his avatar fell dead.

Winner! Ready for round 3 in one minute!

"After this, you owe me a day of emptying your credit card!"

"I'm going easy on you, princess, don't be too glad,"

"I'm great with games, admit to your defeat, kid!" I shrieked.

"I am not arguing, I'm simply stating the obvious,"

"What obvious?" I snorted with arms akimbo.

"That I am better than you, duh,"

"I won the first two rounds. How are you better than me?"

"None of those matters. What matters is the final round—"

"Your credit card is mine! Muahahaha!" I laughed evilly. He threw two jelly beans into my mouth, I almost died as I choked on the beans. "Are you insane!" I yelled with red eyes and a croaked voice.

"Final round in ten, nine, eight…"

"May the best player win," he smirked.

"He-ram!"

"Four, three, two…" I picked up the control pad and got ready.

It had been three weeks since the drowning incident, Ace and I had gotten awfully close, very close. He was always sticking to me like a second skin, jumping out of nowhere whenever I was alone or with someone. Like seriously, he was always popping out of nowhere and watching as if I would throw myself out of a building if he looked away. He was also acting possessive of me; frowning when other guys tried to talk to me, putting his hands around me when I tried to talk to other guys, and getting furious whenever I mentioned a boy's name. I was starting to see the big brother nonsense Elle was telling me about. As much as I liked it, I hated it because, to him, I was his sister.

He was always taking me out to play games and showed me a lot of weird sports and activities. I had to admit, I had gotten pretty attached to him, and if possible, started falling in love with him. But to him, I was his best friend's little sister. The sister of the girl he is in love with, his stupid clumsy friend. I'd learned to block him out of my mind by thinking of eternal winter instead of flames since you know, he's a fire guy. I'm glad Liliane taught me that, if not, I would be in serious trouble.

Ace's personality was amazing. He made me laugh when I felt down, made me smile when I couldn't and lifted my spirit when I looked down on myself. He was like the perfect big brother, only that this little sister was feeling something stronger than sibling love. The only joy I had was Liliane, my female bestie. She had been teaching me how to swim, how to stride like a queen and all that graceful stuff she possessed. We always hung out every evening after school, while at lunchtime, we bonded with Elle and her friends. I still didn't like Dermot.

"I will never lose to you, I always win," I said with determination as I focused on the game.

"That makes two of us," he smirked. The battle was intense. I was starting to sweat, he was more serious than in the first two rounds. I glanced at him, and that was when I noticed that he wasn't even trying. Okay, he is good. "Ready to lose, princess?"