30. Jealousy - well, it has began

Please leave a vote before you start reading. 😘

Elle shouted from somewhere. Before I could call on Ace, I was already with Elle. I growled at him and hit his chest.

"What?"

"Stop using your speed on me without permission," I huffed. "It makes me dizzy,"

"Oh," he chuckled and dropped me down roughly, my butt landing painfully on the ground.

"Ow!" I shouted. "What was that for?!"

He shrugged. "Improvising," eh? What the hell!

"So fun!" Leaf squealed. She was on Gomez's back again. Ann strolled into the room with her hands in her hair.

"Is Ann still marrying her hair?" Elle asked jokingly, clearly aware that she was in.

"Very funny," Ann said sarcastically.

"Can we focus on what you found? I'm missing the 'All You Can Eat Wednesday' here," Ace said complainingly. Everyone laughed shortly before Ace cut us off. "Where are we?"

"In Ivy's studio, she loved painting," Sibyl replied.

"Ivy's studio," I told them. "What did you find, Elle?"

"This painting, my chest thumped the moment I touched it," she explained, brushing her fingers on the strange painting.

"And that is reasonable because…?" Gomez asked with a side frown.

"Since I was a child, I always knew I wasn't an ordinary vampire, even before my father told me. This stone, this gem in my heart is connected to Ivy, my gem is related to her, am I right?"

"Sibyl?" I asked. Sibyl stroked her chin and shrugged.

"How does this help us?" Is Gomez always this stupid?

"You nitwit, she's trying to say that she can feel the secret door, get a brain," Leaf huffed. I smiled, she was getting bolder with every passing day—just like me. I'm a good influence on someone.

"How about I check?" Ace volunteered. He closed his eyes, his hair instantly bursting out in flames and light fire burning on the surface of his fireproof short-sleeved shirt. His pale white skin turned pale lava colour with lightning bolts on his forearms, lava dancing in the bolts. I bit my lip at my beautiful mate, my pretty big mate. Wait, what?

He walked closer to the painting and raised his hand, fire rising out of it. His flame lit the dim room, the whole place looking like it was undergoing an X-ray scan. "Wow," I breathed. "Ace, this is beautiful," he looked at me over his shoulder and smiled flirtatiously, sending a suggestive wink to me. I rolled my eyes but still smiled. Stupid boy.

"What's this called?" Leaf asked with bewilderment.

"Fire magic," Elle replied. "None of Ace's kind possesses that, only the king and the crown prince do. They just have normal firepower,"

"Are those writings?" Ann asked, peering at the painting. "The writings are leading somewhere," Ace said in a strange language, like a spell. The fire in his hand turned white. We all gasped when the room changed. We could see the inside of the walls; hidden paintings, writings and stabbed pictures. Ace touched the painting, muttering the language.

"What's he saying?" Ann whispered.

"Only he and his father can understand that. It is said to be the tongue of the ancient fire phoenix mixed with the first dragon of the eternal flame. It's the language their fire magic works with." Elle explained again. She knew so much about my boyfriend and I knew nothing. A pang of jealousy ate its way into my heart, making me frown with displeasure. Why didn't he tell me that?