45. Testimony

Please leave a vote before you start reading. 😘

"Announcing the arrival of King Winot Englewood, Queen Victoria and Prince Dermot of Twilight Myth." My heart skipped when I heard that.

"The royal family is here. We better go greet them, Ilaria," Elle's dad said, switching his tone to a cold and brisk one. He looked nothing like the man I was talking to a few seconds ago.

"What's your name?"

"Just call me big daddy,"

"Oh brother," Elle said unenthusiastically and dashed off. Dad laughed and followed her.

Dad, I like the sound of that.

The large pool at the western corner of the room suddenly burst up, whirling up in a sparkling shimmer. The water whirled spirally to the floor and dropped six people, one of them was Liliane. I guessed it was her father, mother and siblings. She took her mother's physique but her father's face. He held a big silver trident in his hand, standing like he owned the land he walked on. Ann's eyes roamed the crowd. "Hey, Liliane!" I shouted, waving as I stood on the tip of my toes… Shoes rather.

She looked like a goddess. Her crystal hair flowed down and swirled around her ankles. Ann smiled when she saw me. She turned to her parents and said something to them. They nodded before she started walking towards me. Each step she took carried power and grace, sophistication bathing every movement of her body. Her pace was slow and steady like she was walking comfortably on air. Many gave way for her without her having to ask or show a sign, I could see some female creatures stepping back because of her royal grace. I quickly turned my head to look for Ace, checking if he was gawking at Ann like most young and old males were doing. Surprisingly, Ace was admiring someone else; me.

He winked at me when our eyes met, mouthing "I love you". I winked back at him laughing quietly, and turned my head back to Liliane who just got to me. At that moment, I concluded Ann was more beautiful, graceful and sophisticated than Elle. Sure, Marielle was beautiful, like a goddess too, and could be elegant when she wanted to, but Ann rocked off grace more than she did. Ann was intimidating because of her beauty and grace, and her aura was the kind that said "I'm nice, but stay away from me." She's calmer than Elle and more polite. Elle, on the other hand, had two auras that switched depending on her environment. When she is in school or around friends, her aura becomes friendly, enthusiastic and approachable; genial. When she is around strangers and royal people, her dominating aura starts radiating. She becomes strict and cold and this strong sense of leadership overtakes her like she's a powerful undefeatable warrior. Now I've met her dad, I had an idea where she got it from. Okay, it's official, I still haven't decided who's better.

"Hey, Rinette, you look beautiful,"

"Thank you," I smiled. "You don't look bad yourself,"

"And a thank you to that," she said winkingly.

"Your brothers are sexy," I confessed, looking over at her brothers who were now surrounded by girls. She laughed and shook her head.

"They are the least sexy, handsome but definitely not sexy. If you want to talk about sexy, try my four eldest brothers from the queen, now they are sexy."

"How many brothers and sisters do you have? I remember you told me you are the only child of your mother. She died after parturition, right?"

"Yes, my father had seven wives, two died, and my mother is the first. The first wife has four sons and six daughters. The second have just daughters, and the third has seven daughters—"