4. you're a witch

Getting used to my new life was as easy as eating cake. I was still waiting for bullies to bully me but unlike the other time, I knew I had someone to protect me, watch over me. For the first three weeks I spent with her, she took me shopping for new clothes outside my comfort zone, took me to a spa where I was taken good care of, dragged me to a salon to treat my hair and showed me around town. She taught me what to say and do at each place I went to, how to act and what expression to wear and above all, she was teaching me some basic self-defence moves.

The city is strange, I must admit that. She went out a few times and was back in a hurry, and said she didn't want her present to be known yet so she would have more time for me. On that day, she powdered me up and I must confess, I looked like a silicone barbie doll, just the right amount of perfect. My black hair amazingly stopped at the small of my back, how she did it, you tell me! She made sure to give it a glossy impeccable straight smoothening and lift it up into a ponytail; a dutch crown braid ponytail.

My skin was almost spotless, almost I say. She added all those fancy makeup to my face, don't know what but I looked stunning. I never even realised I had a beauty mark at my bottom lip. It glowed like a black ring over my purple lip gloss. I literally know nothing about fashion but I'm sure I can manage to give you a good description of my first day to school outfit; I wore a black body con jumpsuit thingy, a purple leather jacket over it, a purple leather belt and purple leather wedge ankle boots. The jumpsuit had two front pockets, pockets with a purple leather band. She made me wear black earrings, black bangles, a wristwatch and carried a black handbag with a purple zipper.

There, that's the best I can do.

"Remember, don't look down when talking to anyone, look them straight in the eyes no matter how scary they are. If you feel an itch in your mind, a sudden weight, know that someone is trying to gain access into your mind. If that happens, think about a blazing fire filled with wolfsbane because that is the most effective way to kill most supernatural creatures…"

"What are you talking about? Supernatural creatures?"

"Geez, Marinette! You still haven't figured it out after staying here for three weeks! You still haven't picked up on the hints and weird people around!" She shrieked exasperatedly, scaring the shit out of me. I moved to the door that I almost felt like I could enter it. "You need to stop being so dumb and acting like a fucking idiot! I already gave you the rules, follow it or die." She huffed.

What clue?

I pondered on her words until she drove into a magnificent castle, a gray haunted looking castle with a green sky and purple clouds. The ground was blood red and black but that was the least of my problem, the creepy students were everywhere! One was green and holding his head in his hand as he talked to a one eyed girl, a mini cyclops. Some had no legs, some no hands, some were transparent ghosts, some even spiders and mummies!

"Marielle," I whispered, shifting closer to her with a quivering body. "Where are we?"

"Don't shout, you are in Twilight Castle, college for monsters," she replied calmly.

"M…m…m…m…" I looked at her with a much faster beating heart. "Then you are a m…m…m…" She opened her mouth, two shiny pointy fangs sprouted out and glinted. I felt myself losing consciousness.

"Don't faint," she slapped my cheek softly. It was like a switch was flicked on, I started screaming so loud my heart almost escaped from my mouth. She rolled her eyes around, everyone was looking at the car. "Get a hold of yourself, Rinette, and stop screaming, you are embarrassing yourself."

"You're a werewolf!!!" I screamed. She rolled her eyes and folded her arms.

"Vampire actually, and no, not dhampir."