19. Shadow witch

Please leave a vote before you start reading. 😘

"Is there anything else you need to know?"

"What am I?"

"Pardon?"

I exhaled. "I need to know who I am and what powers I possess. I see trances, hear voices, what does that mean?"

"It clearly means… Well, it has two meanings. One, your powers are trying to reach out to you by manifesting in different ways. Two, someone or something, is trying to contact you. The next time you hear or see anything, when such a thing happens, take a deep breath with your eyes closed, relax and say 'Show yourself, I'm ready to listen'. Then open your eyes. If you see nothing, then it's your power, but if you do, then listen to what the spirit or spirits have to say."

"They say I'm a witch. What sort of witch am I?"

"There is no better answer to that question than your reflection. Go to the hall of ancient artefacts and portraits, fifth floor. Find the diamond-shaped mirror with blue sparkles and let your reflection show and tell you who you are." She said with an encouraging grin stuck to her face. I smiled gratefully.

"Thank you so much, Ma'am,"

"You're welcome, feel free to come back if you get nothing,"

"Thank you, Mrs Lincoln,"

"Always happy to help." I smiled and ran out of the library to go find the hall. I took the skeleton lift to the fifth floor. I ran out of the lift and started heading to the artefact room. I didn't know where it was.

"Hey! It's me again!" Someone squealed from my side. I jerked with a scream. "Oops, sorry," it was Leaf.

"Hi Leaf. What can I do for you?"

"So, I thought about what you said and I realised you were right and it's sad. Can you please be my friend? At least, to teach me how to be friendlier?" As if I was friendly myself. Technically, Ace was the one making friends for me.

"One more friend won't hurt, I guess," I said with a shrug. She shrieked and jumped on me. "Easy,"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you so so so so so so much!"

"Okay, I get it," I said gigglingly. She sighed and twirled on her left toes.

"So where are you off to?"

"I'm looking for the artefact room, know it?"

"Sure! I'll show you," she took hold of my hand. "Come on!" She squealed and dragged me along with her. "So, you're a first-year student, right?"

"We're in the same class," I chuckled.

"Sorry, trying to start a conversation. I've repeated the first year three times in a row. One more failure and I will be kicked out of the school,"

"You are a dunce?" I asked. "I'm sorry, that was offensive,"

"Yup! My brain is all leaves and no cells," she said chirpily, ignoring my apology. She didn't mind being called a dunce.

"Hmm, that's bad. Don't worry, I'm a dork, even though I don't fully understand a thing, I'll help you,"

"I'll love that," she paused and glanced at me. I was looking at her the whole time. "Are you dating Ace from the final year students?"

My heart skipped. I cleared my throat. "Why do you ask?"

"He beat up a guy earlier, almost killed him." I stopped walking and looked at her with my mouth open.