36. Way to go, Ivy

Please leave a vote before you start reading. 😘

"Ace, any idea?" Elle asked calmly. "I can't think of anything except Ann should heal him first."

"Okay," Ann whispered. Ace watched them as he stroked his chin.

"I have one!" I exclaimed with a snap of my fingers and a wink. "What if Elle and I or—just I—make a spell to block out sounds? Make us deaf? Temporarily deaf?"

"Bad idea, what if something big is coming and we need to hear it?" Ann asked with all her focus on Gomez.

"Any other brilliant ideas, people?" Elle asked loudly. I rolled my eyes. That was my only one.

"Elle, remember the time we were sent by the councils to eliminate the screeching boiled meat…"

"Screeching phoenix," Elle corrected. "And yes,"

"What happened?" I asked curiously.

"We work in a secret supernatural agency made for keeping rogue or wild myths in check. Some mythical creatures are cruel and tend to extend their madness to humans, we keep them all in check by either eliminating or imprisoning them. Elle and I are the best among the young vampires, even more than some older ones. Most times, we are sent to do the capturing because it is not easy to catch rogue creatures alive. Anyways, on that particular day, we were sent to eliminate not bring back alive."

"The screeching phoenix is quite strong, it screams just as dangerous as a banshee's. Since we couldn't get closer without having our heads pop open like popcorn, Elle did a spell to block out high-frequency sounds, only soft pitch was allowed. That was where we met Twyla, she helped us to defeat it and we convinced her to come join us in school. Remember the spell you did, Elle?"

"Yeah, that has been a very long time, I haven't done it since then and I did it for only two people and myself. We are six,"

"You've got me, babe," I winked at her.

"Your magic isn't as strong as mine, you are more of a shadow witch than a light witch…"

"Yes, but there is enough magic in me to help you." I grinned.

"Okay, just give me your hand, I'll borrow your energy but I hope your dark side won't kill me." She took my hand and entwined our fingers together, I felt our power mix up together. "Now, what's that spell again?"

‹We aren't weak› Darcy said. ‹Prove it, you know the spell.› I chanted before her. She gasped as the energy left her, I twisted my other hand's fingers and snapped it, activating the spell. My ears tingled immediately, it didn't seem like anything happened.

"Hey, you stole my spotlight," Elle said softly. I let go of her hand.

"Did it work?" Ann removed her hands from Gomez's ears. Gomez twitched his ears and sighed.

"Yeah, it worked," Leaf hugged him with a whimper.

"As we get closer, the spell will weaken and the wails will become a bit bearable," Elle said as she rubbed her ear.

"It would still affect Gomez more,"

"Maybe I can help," Leaf said as she wiped her tears. She flattened one of her palms and circled her fingers over the flattened one, forming a cotton earphone. She wore it on his head. "Please, don't feel pain, okay? It's hurting me,"

"I feel better now," Gomez whispered. He made to stand up but Ace pushed him down and blocked me from seeing what I would have seen.

"We have women here. Elle, can you get him something to wear before my girlfriend starts dreaming about his dick and not mine?" Ace spat jealously.