18. Fire blazed soulmate

Fire-blazed soulmate!

Those were the words that reverberated in my head as I rummaged through the school's library.

The following morning after that night, I didn't find him in bed with me but the words never left my head. It had to mean something useful, something that would explain why I was so attracted to him. We returned home acting like nothing ever happened. He didn't know I knew he snuck into my room but that didn't matter anyway. From that morning on, Ace started acting differently, very different. He was clingy. He touched me whenever he got the chance, like touching me in places where friends should never touch each other. He would corner me every moment we were alone and kiss me until my lips were beyond swollen and my breath came out in short wheeze.

It wasn't like I hated it, it was the exact opposite but still. How am I okay with this? How am I okay with a guy cornering and doing things to me when I wasn't with the others? He never spoke about it or explained why he was touching and kissing me and I was too afraid of losing his touch to bring the conversation up.

We never went beyond kissing and fingering but that didn't help my life at all. I had been checking for weeks for what a fire-blazed soulmate meant, but I couldn't find it. Our secret make-out was getting too intense and the other night, he almost lost control and lured me into having sex with him. It was just too much! Every time he kissed me, the tattoos on my hands would burn and send different sensations through my body and recently, I was starting to feel his emotions and hear his thoughts.

It was freaking me out!

Oh, Elle and Dermot broke up at their anniversary over something neither party would spill. I didn't care much, I was more concerned about me and the boy luring me into madness.

"Fire-blazed soulmate," I murmured. "Arch! How do I find it?!" I screamed out in exasperation.

"Young lady, what are you looking for?" A gruff voice asked with concern. I spun on my heels to face the librarian.

"Of course!" I exclaimed, hitting my head. "Why didn't I think about it?!"

"Think about what, dear?"

"Ma'am, do you by any chance know what a Fire-blazed soulmate is? It's really important I know,"

"Clean up the mess, then we'll talk," I nodded and immediately started picking up all the books I threw on the floor and arranged them back on the shelves. I arranged the books alphabetically and cleaned the shelves too. I ran back to the counter when I was done, she was going through a book.

"Done!" I announced.

"So it seems," she smiled. "Now, come over, dear, I don't have all day," I quickly ran around the counter and joined her. She was a tall one-eyed lamia with seven snake hair. "First, why do you want to know about that?"

"I—"

"Let me see your hands," I didn't protest, I gave her my hands. She took both in one of her large hands and poured a bowl of cold water on them. I flinched from the pain of the cold water piercing into my warm skin. Steam rose out of my hands, from the tattoos to be precise. They glowed for a brief second before disappearing. "Just like I thought, you are mated to one of those hotheads,"

"Mated? Like destined to be with them forever?"

"Yes. The tattoo simply means you are mated to a dragonoid. Dragonoids are one of the rare creatures of fire, born with limited access to heat. Only their kings have the power to shift into a real dragon. I'm sure you know Ace, he is one of them; one of the strongest to say the least. They don't usually have mates, they simply fall in love and get married or just get married without love. But when the dragon of their fire marks a mate out for them—"