13. Can you trust me?

Leave a vote before you begin reading. Thank you! 😘

He came to a stop in my room, the abrupt stop snapping me out of it. "Here we are!" He exclaimed cheerfully. He dropped me carefully and grinned at me. My hands remained wrapped around his neck, I was still staring but this time, he was looking back at me the exact way I was. His eyes averted to my lips then back at my eyes and back to my lips again. I averted my eyes to his neck and furrowed a brow. The veins of his neck had popped out in lava colour, almost like his neck was intubated. "Ignore it," I still kept looking. "Can you walk?"

"Uhm," I let go of him and staggered back. He reached out to me. "I'm fine,"

"I'll make you soup,"

"You can cook?"

"I live alone in a van, duh!" He said with a girlish sway of his hips. His hips' movement made me look down and I noticed a swell in his tight skinnies. I bent forward a bit and pointed at it.

"What's that?"

"Huh?" I looked up at him from underneath my eyelashes and raised a brow. Ace's eyes widened when he looked down at me. I heard him gulp as his eyes darkened. He wasn't staring at my face. I tried to find what he was looking at. His eyes indicated that he was staring at my boobs. I was wearing a cowl neck top and it was wet, so when I bent forward, it fell open.

Shit! My boobs are exposed!

I quickly stood up and backed away completely, crossing my hands over my chest and glaring at him hostilely.

Ace lazily moved his eyes from my chest to my face and smiled mirthlessly. "Just so you'll know, this isn't because of you," he pointed at the swell in his trousers, indirectly telling me what it was. "I was in the middle of something good when I sensed that you were in trouble," it sounded unpleasant. His words made my stomach churn and the displeasure couldn't be hidden from my facial expression.

Ace rolled his eyes as he pinched the bridge of his nose and clicked his tongue. "I'll make that soup," and he was gone.

I sighed and dropped my crossed hands to my heart. It was beating too fast for my liking. It made no sense or did it? I had to accept the truth whether I liked it or not, I was starting to like Ace and not just as a friend. What I feared was that he would never see me as anything other than a friend, other than his best friend's younger sister. He can't like me back, I am filled with too many imperfections and bad looks. Compared to him, he was a demigod with looks and I was well, I don't even know where to classify myself. He would never love me back, scarcely.

To top off the chart, he was a manwhore and madly in love with my sister. Where does that leave me?

I begrudgingly stripped and went to soak in the bath. I needed to think. As I soaked in a hot bubble bath, my mind diverted to what happened back in school, how Ace said he was called to the pool. Could it be that girl I saw? Could she be the one trying to talk to me? Why did she always use Ace? Why just him? Then again, why did I get burnt by Ace's tattoo?

I looked at my hands and smiled warily at the tattoo that made itself home after the burnt incident. The fire vines were back and printed on the skin of my hands. The vines tightened, dragging all my veins into my forearm, my right forearm. The vines only grew bigger at my left, clinging to my hand firmly like I was planning to cut it off. My gathered veins turned lava, reflecting Ace's as it took the shape of the same sword on his back, just smaller. The sword burnt up, and flames emanated from the sword, blazing and lighting the entire bathroom. It happens every time I stay in the water too long.