17. Just this night

Please leave a vote before you begin. Thank you! 😘

"She is not home, Ace,"

"I borrowed her house key the last time I came,"

"Ace…" I drawled.

"It's called borrow when I return it," he paused and smacked his lips. "Right after I duplicated it,"

"You could easily sneak in—"

"My aunt has a spell around her house to prevent any paranormal creatures from sneaking in. Except you have her enchanted house key, you will die the moment you try to sneak in," I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry, she doesn't have dogs or cats."

"That makes me feel so much better," I said sarcastically. He chuckled and stopped the car in front of a beautiful bungalow, peach and pink in colour. Lanterns surrounded the top walls of the fence, hung down from the trees inside the compound and beautified the roof. It was beautiful, like a glow worm garden. The compound was so clean and beautiful. I could live here forever.

"Come on, Jasmine," he said teasingly.

"Jasmine, seriously?" He shrugged. "Why?"

"It's the only Disney princess I know that suits your appearance," he said, opening my door for me. I won't bother to ask how he got out so easily.

"I am not brown-skinned and my eyes are blueish green, sea green to be precise,"

"Well, I tried," he shrugged. I rolled my eyes and got out of the car. The fence was pale orange with a little shade of peach. The gate was a see-through gate, making it easier to see the inside of the compound.

"This place is beautiful,"

"Thank you, I painted it myself," He said with a cocky smile as he approached the gate.

"Like you can paint," I scoffed.

"I painted and designed the room you live in," touché.

"It's terrible," I lied. He snapped the padlock off. "I thought you said you had the key and we will die if we try to sneak in?"

"Of the house, not the gate. I will replace the lock before we leave," He pushed the gate open. "Welcome to my lovely home!"

"Yeah, right," I pushed him intentionally and jogged to the front door. The compound smelt like a wild rose. I brought out my phone to text Elle, I wasn't as tipsy as I thought I was. Elle already sent a message, she was texting every two hours to make sure Ace hadn't raped me. For some reason, she trusts him but not with me. I didn't need anyone to tell me that she was wary of us being together alone because she didn't want us to become a thing. Not that we will ever.

Elle: Hey, sis, just checking up on you. Hope that manwhore isn't trying to rape you?

Me: we just got to where we would spend the night. I'm not sure he would risk that. We are friends. Don't you trust your best friend any more?

Elle: I do, but you are beautiful and you did look sexy when you left. And trust me when I say with you, Ace has no self-control.