𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀

╔══════════╗
Chapter Three
The Mystery of Y/N
╚══════════╝

❝Wondering is a terrible sin.❞

MOVING THROUGH INK-FILLED hallways and stairs wasn't as easy to the Aftons while Henry moved through it with ease, turning a few valves to drain the ink from the passageway. It was slowly annoying William how Henry still didn't tell them anything about you.

It was frustrating.

After reaching the bottom of the stairs, Henry opened a door to a room that has a pentagram and coffins around it that were leaning on the walls. Henry was about to walk in when William grabbed his arm, "Are you going to tell us what happened to Y/N or not." His question came out more of a statement, his glare could look right through Henry's soul. Michael frowned at his father's behavior and placed his hand on his shoulder, "Father, stop this. You're not helping at all." William pushed Mike's hand away while still looking at the old animator.

Henry sighed and yanked his arm away, "Follow me." Was all Henry said before walking into the room. Both William and Michael followed after him, eyeing the room around them. Other than the pentagram with candles and coffins, the room was completely empty.

Henry then pulled out a strange looking device that looked like a seeing glass and held it to William, "Look at the coffins through this." He instructed with a very serious tone. William was suspicious of this yet he took the device, "This is ridiculous and a waste of time." He thought as he started to look through the device at the coffins. Surprisingly, he can see names of people on them written in golden ink.

Norman.

Grant.

Bertrum.

Susie.

Lacie.

However, the last coffin made him freeze in place as he saw the name. William didn't move or do anything as his eyes were glued to this coffins. Michael noticed his father not doing anything and Henry having a look of sadness, "Father? What are you seeing?" He questioned and moved to get a look through the device only for his eyes to widen in shock. On the last coffin, there was the name of...

Y/N.

Michael quickly turned to Henry, "What does this supposed to mean? Is Y/N like dead dead?" He asked, his voice almost cracking at the end of his question. Why didn't you return back like the rest of the family if you died? Michael didn't believe you might be gone for good, you used to be more than just a sibling to him. You were his bestfriend and support that made him carry on with his life in the past. Just how could he believe such a thing?

Henry let out a sigh and shook his head, "I have no clue if they're actually dead. A lot of workers here turned into Lost Ones, Searchers, or mutated versions of the cartoon characters or monsters. There's a possibility Y/N can be any of them." He explained which made Michael a bit relieved that there's a chance you're alive. William snapped from his shock and turned to Henry, "Who wrote this? How did they knew if it was actually Y/N?" He asked while giving the Seeing Tool back to Henry, looking totally overwhelmed and irritated by this discovery.

"I wrote the names and I'm certain this coffin belongs to Y/N."

"How did you know?"

Henry lifted his ink covered arm, letting golden patterns to appear all around it, "Throughout the time loop, I earn this power of gold ink and discovered a few things about this place. My friend, Joey, has lured workers to the ink machine and turn them to ink monsters who barely remember their past life... Y/N was no exception. In fact, Y/N might be the first victim to Joey's insane deeds. I knew this through their audio logs like the one right next to their coffin." After he explained, Henry pointed at the audio recorder right beside your coffin.

Michael picked it up and played the audio...

Voice of
Y/N Afton
___________________

"Dreams come true."

That's what Mr. Drew told me once I applied for this job... I don't know why he told me this, but I'm sure it has a reason. Maybe because my dream in working here came true? I don't know...

At the moment, I'm working in the Animation Department as a helper. Everyone seemed very focused on their work, but one man helped me through my first days in the job. His name is Henry Stein, he is a very nice man and like a father figure to me. Unfortunately, I just knew him for a couple of months before he left for specific reasons. I also met this boy, his name is Daniel Lewek, but everyone calls him Buddy for short. He was a year older than me and we became bestest of friends.

Up until now, everything is going great... aside from Henry's absence. I really miss him. Anyways, Mr. Drew said he has more plans to expand his work and I'm kind concerned about this.

Hopefully nothing goes wrong.

_______________________

The record ended with a click, leaving everyone in utter silence. Michael placed the audio recorder back to its original place.

William was now between shocked, concerned, devastated, and enraged. He didn't know what to do or where to look for his lost child... It brought back horrible memories of when he lost Evan and Elizabeth. He doesn't even know if you will remember him or not... Hopefully you didn't become a dangerous ink monster or just died like this.

With all of these feelings, William found himself jusr letting out a depressed sigh. Michael felt the negative feelings emitting from his father and placed an assuring hand on his shoulder, "It's okay, father. I'm sure we will find Y/N even if they were... an ink creature." He tried his best to assure his father.

Henry nodded in agreement and went to open the other door, "He is right. The only thing we can do is to press on. Y/N can be anywhere, they might be hiding somewhere I don't know about." He said with a small smile and walked through the door.

Michael gave his father one last look before he followed Henry. William glanced at your coffin, his fists clenched tightly as a look of determination appeared on his face.

"I will find you, Y/N."

With that thought, he followed after the two other males with a new purpose in his head... Finding you no matter what.