CHAPTER 18 : Short Break

As Melissa almost reach the car, she was pulled and slammed on the wall. 'Bam!!what are you doing' Melissa scream ,startled with the sudden snap. 'Let's go..we must say sorry to them' bam hold her wrist ,dragging her to the car. Melissa fight back trying to escape from bam's grip. 'No!...it's not my fault'. Melissa scream irritated. The grip was loosened. 'You know nunew are not cheating did you? Please Melissa..confess your mistake' bam begging . He don't want his friend drowning in a regret later. Bam aware how much zee adore nunew. They won't be able to live without each other. 'Why should I?I..' Melissa words was cut off . 'Because I love you Mel! I always been.. I don't want you to regret this later.. zee will hold grudge on you forever when he learn the truth...can you bear that?..I know what are you trying to do. You want to lead a happy life for zee to retrieve you mistakes 7 years ago. I know you Mel! We have been friends over 10 years now. I know you better than anyone would. But you choose the wrong way. Your intention didn't justify your method. Nunew is the best for him. You should trust your friend. ' bam sudden confession stupified Melissa for a while before she gain the conscious. 'Crazy! You lying.. You kiss nunew didn't you? don't stop me with those kind of lie ,bam!!' Melissa denied harshly. Bam pulls Melissa wrist closer to him giving a light kiss on her forehead. ' I thought I love nunew but I'm not...It was just a momentary feeling... I want to take someone precious from zee... That's all..Zee took you from me before...Besides, I just need someone to prove that I'm getting over you...I'm not lying mel..I do love you ..I always been..since we became friends I already fall for you but it's you that never let me in..open you heart..I know you are afraid to be in any relationship now. It's not because of your career but you are afraid you might made a wrong decision. You afraid of disappointed people around you didn't you?' bam convince Melissa. It's been the right time to let her know everything.

Melissa heart softened when she listen to bam. His assumption was right. No one ever see her as bam does. Bam was always trusting her. Whatever she done. Melissa tears fall regretting her previous mistakes. Bam hands reach out her cheeks wiping the tears. 'Nothing is your fault, Mel. Your parent neither zee. Your mum just don't want you to turn out like your sister. They afraid of losing you. You know that don't you. They been missing you. Let's go back to your hometown sometimes ok?' bam persuade Melissa. 'Do you met them?' Melissa murmured. She also miss her parents but she afraid that her parent would not welcome her. 'Of course. They asked about you a lot.' bam smile contently. 'but about zee and nunew ,we need to apologize to them' bam continue muttered. 'Ummm..I will..but about your feeling, I can't...' Melissa words stopped when bam lips met her lips. 'We have kissed. You must be responsible..I know what you are going to say. Look Mel..learn to love me just for a month. I will let you go if your feeling stay the same. Give me a chance. Don't reject me right away naa.' bam hold Melissa hand tightly. 'But I can't guarantee anything' Melissa stare on the floor . She feels too shy to meet bam eyes. They have been friends for long .who would expect it will turn this way. 'Hmm okay.. I love you' bam chuckles. 'Don't say it too often. You might stop loving me before I can love you' Melissa responded with a small smile.

Nunew fall asleep while hugging zee on the hospital bed. He was afraid zee would run away as soon as he woke up. There's no distinct effect on zee memory but doctor informed that zee is on a heavy stress lately. Zee opened up his eyes with nunew by his side. He have regained all his memory but there is something he need to clear with nunew. Zee don't want to wake nunew up so he just rest lying his head.

Nunew wake up after a while. His eyes met zee's stiff face. There's no emotion display on zee eyes. He can't predict whats playing on his mind. It's look like he had bottled up his emotion. 'Hiaa..you wake up already?' nunew start a little conversation. The silence stay on the room for a while. 'Hia...about p'bam..will you listen to me?' nunew ask adjust into sitting position. Zee just stare blankly waiting for nunew explanation. 'About p'bam..p'kla was also there that night but he suddenly received an emergency call from p'aof. So he head back rushly without telling us.' Everything stay silent. 'Hiaaa...you can't be silent like this' nunew look anxious. 'Then, how about you met him at the office?' zee suddenly spoke startled nunew. 'Its..it's because p'bam want to apologize for the incident that night. We just talk for a minute. We clash our way when I was heading out of the office. That's all.' nunew explain the picture Melissa was talking about in the recording. 'You told me you never met him since that night' zee put his straight face. 'I don't want you to think much about that' nunew look down didn't dare to look into zee eyes. 'You did lied to me' zee reply with all seriousness. '...' nunew seal his mouth as Zee let out a long sigh looking away from him. 'Lets...lets take a break' zee stammered. His tears flowing down to the pillow. He turn to other side . No words can describe how broke his heart is. 'Are you breaking up with me?' tiny drop rolling down nunew face. 'I'm not..I just want a short break' zee voice is soft as a whisper. He tried hard to suppress his emotion so that nunew won't feel so bad. 'I won't go anywhere. I will wait at our house' Nunew heaved a deep sigh before heading out of the room. He won't give up on them.