The Mission and The Rose

[K so this will have two major canon divergent in it, so yeah]

-______________________________________-

7 months since Whitley left home.

(Whitley POV)

"Alright kid it's time for your first mission, after this you will be made a member of the Dark Brotherhood," Schwarz said.

"Well then let's get to it," I said not hiding my excitement at all.

"Excited, good you should be after all you work hard to get to this point," Schwarz told me.

"Anyway your first mission will be on the Sanus continent," he told me.

"Sanus," I said.

"Yup, reports of a deranged scorpion Faunus out ther," Schwarz said.

"How dangerous are we talking," I asked.

"A serious challenge for sure," he said.

"Ok then," I said accepting my fate.

"That's the spirit," he said.

I turned to leave before Schwarz interrupted me.

"Also grab a vial of scorpion antivenom before you leave the temple," he said.

"Yes sir," I replied.

(Time skip brought to you in part by the future anger toward some of the crack ships I'm using for shits and giggles)

(Summer POV)

[I know she was supposedly killed when Ruby was like 2 or 3 but I don't care]

'After this mission I'm absolutely retiring'

It was a cold snowy winter day and I was exhausted from all the grim killing. I was so ready to just go back home and cuddle up with tai and the girls but I needed to get back to the village and tell them that I was done. They won't even know what the entirety of that statement is, I'm done hunting, I'm done training, and I'm done fighting Salem.

"And who do we have here," a voice said from behind me.

I turned and pulled my weapon without thinking twice. The owner of the voice was hidden out of sight by the shadows that the moon casted down, but I didn't need to see him to know who the voice belonged to. It was Tyrian Callows, one was Salems agents.

"Tyrian," I said, venom lacing my voice.

"Oh she even knows my name, even better," he said in his crazed tone.

Moments after that he pounced at me. I used my semblance to dodge and countered with a sideways swipe with my scythe.

[I know we don't actually know what weapon she used, but I like to think Ruby didn't just get the idea to use a scythe from Qrow]

It connected and I quickly pulled the trigger unloading a point blank blast from my shotgun into his back sending him toward a tree, but instead of slamming into it he jumped off of the tree like it was a spring board. He reached put and activated his semblance, as he made contact with my shoulder I could feel the little but of aura that I had left leave me.

"Oh what will you do now," he taunted.

"Keep fighting," I said confidently.

In a flash his stinger was in my left shoulder, I could feel all of it, and it hurt like hell. After a few seconds he launched me back toward the cliff that we had been fighting on.

He cackled before saying, "What will the little rose do now."

I was going to say something when suddenly I heard someone running at us, looking to the left I saw kid running at speeds that could rival Qrows. Tyrian to lost in his own monologue didn't hear him coming. The kid leaped up an slammed feet first into Tyrians head. He took a quick look at me before throwing a vial of a strange purple liquid at me.