A Roman Holiday

POV - Whitley

"What's wrong," I asked Felix as we entered the elevator.

"Apparently there are some uninvited guests in Atlas," Felix answered.

"Being," I asked.

"He couldn't tell me," he answered.

"Why not," I asked as we exited the elevator revealing the empty floor that held James' office.

"Classified," he answered nonchalantly as he walked off the elevator.

"Bullshit," I said as I stepped off the elevator.

"It's fine," he said.

"No it's not, you are in my circle just like James, I need all of you on the same page for everything to continue moving as smoothly as it has been," I countered, this wasn't the first time this had happened and I was getting tired of it.

"Kid, it's fine," he said.

"Stop defending him," I said.

"He's keeping me out of the loop so I don't tell Winter anything," he said.

"But she's in the loop," I said.

"Whitley, this meeting has some of the people on the council in it," he said.

"What," I asked.

"Some of the council members are in favor of letting you do your thing, if you haven't realized the people on the council are changing or being replaced," he answered.

"How did I miss this," I asked.

"You've been so immersed in your dealings as the White Death you haven't had the time to pay attention to what was going on in the political world," he answered as we walked into an empty room, "Get changed, I'll wait outside."

With that he left me alone in an empty room. James had decided to spend some of the military's money and remodel the main military headquarters, which in turn gave me many places to change outfits. I walked out of the room and back into the bleak hall, I hated this hallway so very much. I walked toward James' office and knocked on the heavy wooden door.

"Come in," the commanding voice of James said from the other side of the door. I twisted the handle and pushed the door open revealing a small crowd of people I didn't recognize. "Hello Death," James said.

"Good afternoon General," I replied, I would interrogate him later. I scanned the room of new faces and realized not all of them were new. A SDC board member and "close friend" of Jacques sat next to James. I recognized him as soon as I saw him. Teal Gold, a former huntsman that Jacques "befriended '' during a business trip who had a knack at seeing trends. "Hello Teal," I said, grabbing the man's attention. The color immediately drained from his face as he took notice of me, he must have missed James saying hello.

The huntsman took a moment to compose himself. "White Death," Teal said, "Should I be worried that you know my name?"

"No, I know your name because you took time to treat the Schnee siblings like children when you could. You know the hell Jacques puts them through, I have nothing but respect for you Teal," I told him, in truth I missed having him around when he would help Weiss with her training.

"They deserve better than they got, especially... I'm not gonna finish that fyi l sentence," Teal said.

"Why not, I'm not gonna hurt you," I said as I took my place in front of the holoprojector.

"I dont like picking favorites when it comes to people," Teal answered.

"I see, now let's get started," I said.