Inauguration and The School Schedule

POV - James

I stood off to the side of the stage as I watched Professor Hera took the stage announcing the next team. We had gone slower than usually to give the four initiates time to get here, but it's taken them too much time.

"Getting worried," Simo asked.

"Yes," I answered with a grimace.

"Don't be, I didn't spend damn near a year training Whitley for him to be killed like that," he said with a hearty old man laugh, the kind that you couldn't resist laughing along to.

Professor Hera walked off stage toward me, "That's the last of them, what do we tell the students?"

"Let me handle it," I said before I took the stage.

I looked upon the students and saw one word, uninterest.

"I know you are all curious as to why we have kept you all waiting," I said, "There is still a team in the forest who achieved something that we didn't expect, as such I have made the decision to paden them of the usually disqualification that would ensue."

"What," one student yelled.

"That's not fair," another yelled.

"If you think this world is fair than you have another thing coming for you," I said.

"But they're late," a third student yelled.

"Professor Hera would you mind pulling up the feed that shows the fight," I asked.

"Right away sir," she answers.

The projecter drones whired to life as a projection of Flynt, Neon, Whitley, and Ilia's fight with the Grimm was shown.

(I'll come up with a name later)

I watched the faces of the new students changed from outrage to horror at the site of the massive turtle like Grimm.

"I fully understand that some of you believe this has something to do with Whitley being a Schnee, but it isn't, those four faced a Grimm that gives some hunters problems without a second thought," I said as the projecters showed Whitley charging headlong at the massive Grimm, "It isn't just how impressive their victory over the Grimm that has brought me to this conclusion, it is how seamlessly they work together."

The projection showed Flynt giving Ilia and Neon their orders as they ran toward and behind the Grimm.

"I know this is unfair, but you all must keep in mind my job as your headmaster is to bring the greatest of you to your highest and the worst of you to your greatest, and this is a group that is striving on their own to be their greatest selves," I said.

The sound of the main doors opening filled my ears as the four students I had just been talking about ran into the auditorium.

"Sorry sir, we know we're late," Flynt and Whitley said nearly simultaneously.

The two looked at each other before laughing.

"I was just explaining way you four were still going to be accepted," I said.

"Sweeeeet," Neon said as she leaned forward with her hands in her knees trying to catch her breath.

Looking at the four I noticed that all of them but Whitley were having trouble catching their breath.

"Well get up here, now," I ordered after glancing at my watch and seeing just how behind we really were.

The four jogged up to the stage and stood next to one another; in order, somehow.

"Well Flynt, why are you four late," I asked.

"Well we ran into a very... interesting Grimm," he answered.