The Cliff

15 months since Whitley left Atlas

POV - Whitley

"I think your training is complete Whitley," Blanc said.

"Really," I asked not sure that we were really done.

"Yes really," she said.

"But it feels like I still have some much to learn," I said.

"That's a good thing cause there are still things you can learn, but you will have to learn those things by yourself," she said.

"I see," I said.

Suddenly Blanc's phone buzzed to life.

"One moment," she said before turning around.

"Yes Madam Belyy... yes we can meet you... now... we'll be right up," she hung up after finishing.

"We have a meeting with Madam Belyy," she said.

"Lead the way," I replied.

We began our walk back inside the mountain from the training grounds and the bottom of the valley that rests comfortably behind the base and is surrounded on all sides by the scenic mountains of Atlas. Entering the base I was greeted by the now all to familiar site of the white metal walls.

'Oum something feels wrong about today'

"Blanc can I ask you a question," I asked.

"Fire away kid," she replied.

"Do you ever have the feeling that something really bad is going to happen before the end if the day," I asked.

"Like a gut feeling," she asked.

"Yeah, like a gut feeling," I replied.

"Sometime, but usually it's nothing to serious that would take me forever to fix," she said.

"Ok, thanks," I said.

"No problem kid," she said with a bright smile.

We walked the rest of the way their in silence. Once we reached the elevator I pressed the button calling the elevator down from Madam Belyy's office. With a ding the doors to the elevator opened.

"Ladies first," I said.

"Such a gentleman," she joked entering the elevator with me right behind her. I turned and pressed the up arrow and we began our ascent to the top.

"Do you miss your sister's," Blamc asked.

"Yeah, I feel like I'm missing some important things," I replied.

"Well I think all that's left for you is to get back in contact with my dad," she said.

"Yup, after that it's just killing spies," I said before the doors opened.

Inside of Madam Belyy's office were two Creed members I hadn't met before.

"Ah, Blanc Whitley, you two are just in time, these two will be accompanying Whitley in his step to bringing the two clans back together," Madam Belyy said.

"Sweet, it's nice to meet you two, my name is Whitley," I said introducing myself.

"Hello Whitley my name is Valge and the quiet one over their is Branco," Valge said.

"So what is our mission Madam Belyy," I asked.

"Lately some of our scouts have been seeing Brotherhood members scoping out the mountains near our base, I want you three to go check it out," she told us.

"When do we leave ma'am," I asked.

"Right now, Blanc please stay here I wish to speak to you," she said.

With that, the three of us made our way into the elevator and started our descent.

(Time Skip to outside of Creed territory)

POV - Branco

"So what exactly does your semblance do kid," Valge asked.

"So far the best way I can describe it is cold because I can create ice, freeze people, force ice into a person, and throw out massive waves of destructive ice wind," Whitley replies.

"Interesting," Valge said.

"I still dont see what's so special about this kid," we heard a voice say.

Acting quickly we all dropped to the ground.

"Schwarz believes Whitley is the key to bringing the clans back together," another voice said.

"Ok Qara whatever you say," the first voice said.

"Friendly, just rise slowly," Whitley said.

He started to stand up and we followed his lead.

"Qara is that you," Whitley said.

"Whitley where are you kid," Qare responded.

"Up here," Whitley said taking a step up so that Qara could see him.

"You're not wearing black kid," Qara said.

"I've gotten into the Creed and Madam Belyy is 100% in for bringing the clans back together," Whitley said.

"Awesome is their anyone else up their," Qara asked.

"Yeah, two Creed members," Whitley said.

"Good, do you want to head back to the Brotherhood and start negotiating the peace between the two clans," Qara asked.

"That sounds good to me, come on you two," Whitley said before walking down to Qara and the other Brotherhood member.

We followed but I stayed ready just in case of a trap.

"Hello Qara it's good to see you," Whitley said.

"It's good to see you two Whitley," Qara.

"Hello Crno," Valge said.

"Wait how do you-

In an instant Crno and Valge draw their weapons and attack Qara and me. Unfortunately they had something to their advantage... grimm. To lost in my altercation with Valge I didn't see that Whitley was already on the ground, nor could I see the grimm coming up behind me. By the time I noticed the grimm it was to late. With one hit the grimm knocked me off the side of the cliff. Using my grappling hook I caught myself on the rock face of the cliff before slowly descending. Not soon after my fall I looked up and saw Qara jump off the cliff with Whitley. I readied myself for a fight, but it never came.

"We need to get Whitley somewhere that's not in this weather, he cant use his semblance if he's knocked out," Qara said before throwing Whitley over his shoulders and beginning to walk down the valley.

He didn't give me much of a choice but to follow him so I did.

.______________________________________.

Word Count: 954

Translation

Valge - Estonian for White

Branco - Portuguese for White

Qara - Azerbaijani for Black

Crno - Croation for Black

So at some point in writing this chapter I accidentally made the chapter name There Clifford, so yeah that could have been a thing.

Next chapter instead of looking forward in time we're looking back to STRQ's time in Beacon, cause Qrow deserves some love too.

I almost had this out the day after last chapter but I got lazy and didn't finish it, but it's here now.

Anyway, what do you all think, any comments, questions, or concerns, if so feel free to voice them.

Our story will continue in the next chapter...

'A Glimpse Into The Past: The Witch and Her Crow'