ChapterOne: Boyfriend

~ꗥ❀ BOYFRIEND ❀ꗥ~
BEAUTIFUL LITTLE SECRET
THIRD PERSON

HER boyfriend. Mateo Whitlock. Dating for three years, as soon as they were able to graduate high school.

Velora didn't want to date anyone until she was out of high school, she wanted to focus on her studies and be someone pure in school.

She didn't want any distractions. Or so she tries to convince herself.

She didn't want to participate in the "cool" people stuff, so she let herself be. Her friends of ten years were the opposite. They drank, went to parties. She's still slightly the same person.

Velora didn't like to do new things. She liked that people had new things to try but for her, she didn't like it. She thought she'd be rude if she rejected what she had.

Her job wise, she had an amazing job that she loved. She has been an assistant for fashion for two years now. She loved helping her boss with cloth, designs, anything really.

Velora's boss and her had a good relationship as well. With her other employees, no. They were fake, only wanted to sleep with the man and use him. But Vee, no. She had no desire to be fake, she wasn't even friends with them.

Everyone she knew lived good. Melanie, did. She and Velora met when Velora had almost tripped, Melanie offered to help her.

And they hit it off from there. The rest of her friends, Mariah, Noah, Lea, and Ian.

They all met from a small joke Noah had said in class. And they've been friends ever sense.

Then Mateo came along. He flirted and flirted, tried to date her but Velora told him to wait. And he did. Patiently. Shockingly.

Some people expect a high school boy to fuck everyone and everything that throws themselves at them.

But he waited until they were out of high school. As soon as they were, he asked her out and they dated. She had her first kiss with him, first date, first time. Anything and everything with him.

They were living together currently as well.

She also only did two years of college. She did summer college to get ahead, and then the rest of her years.

She wanted to start as soon as she finished high school. Just because.

Now, her friends and Mateo don't really get along.

But they all try to make the best of it. Noah and Mateo go at it all day, only because one of them does something so small and then it creates something. They were like brothers.

They always took Velora's side no matter what. They didn't truly care for Mateo because to them, he was a shitty boyfriend.

Even though she's said to them, she hates when they argue, that they should all try to get along.

No one ever listens.

"I'm meeting her parents tomorrow." Mariah smiled. Her girlfriend and her have been dating for five months, about time she met them.

That made Velora frown.

Three years of a relationship and she never met her boyfriends parents.

All she knew is that he's got two mothers. It upset her sometimes. He's over and playing around with her siblings and parents, but it's never the opposite.

She actually didn't even know he had siblings until last year.

His older brother was 26.

"That's great Riah. Are you nervous?" Ian asked, twisting their hair. Mariah shrugged.