ChapterSix: Mateo

~ꗥ❀ MATEO ❀ꗥ~
BEAUTIFUL LITTLE SECRET
THIRD PERSON

THEY pulled away so fast, velora had went back to cooking. "In the kitchen!" She did not once look back at Alessandra.

Mateo came walking in the kitchen, confused. "Wha-what are you doing here?" He asked his mother, she smiled. "Dinner. Your mom had to leave, actually left like five minutes ago or so."

He hummed. "And you're making food?" He said, grabbing my waist. She nodded, smiling. "Yes, one of your favorites. Remember the first time my parents met you? And you couldn't stop moaning at the table?" Velora asked.

Mateo nodded in excitement. "Are you kidding?! Your mom cooked the hell out of that dish!" He exclaimed. Alessandra watched as the two exchanged conversation.

Somehow she didn't even feel guilty for almost kissing her sons girlfriend. She should. But she didn't. She didn't start helping Velora again since Mateo didn't help, at all.

In fact, he did keep trying to start mini arguments in front of her. Velora would just dismiss and say 'We'll talk later.'

"What are you making?" Alessandra asked, Velora glanced at her, the back at the pot. "Pepperpot. Although my ma makes it the best, I think I could it pretty alright." Alessandra nodded.

While Velora was cooking, she thought. Alessandra knew she was the mature one in the relationship, it was pretty clear and evident. Mateo has the anger issues like a toddler once something doesn't go his way, he'd been like that since birth.

All throughout his childhood, gave everyone trouble. "Ours, why don't you guys tell me more about your relationship." ours. She had been calling him that since he could first talk. It meant bear, because of how rough he could get sometimes.

"Hm. Well I had liked her way before we started dating, all through high school I kept asking her out and she kept saying no." Velora nodded and giggled. Only Alessandra thought it was fake.

It didn't seem real whatsoever. She wanted to hear her real giggle, and she wanted to be the one to make her really giggle.

"And we graduated. I only kept denying him because I wanted to maintain good grades." Again, a lie. Alessandra was amused. What kind of excuse was that? She and many others maintained great grades even with a partner.

It may be different for others, but that's why you have a partner to help correct? Especially if that partner also had straight A's, and played football. She was lying, Alessandra could see it in her face, every time she turned around, she could even hear it in her voice.

Soon enough they'd sat down to enjoy the meal Alessandra and Velora created. Of course, Mateo sat next to his girlfriend and Alessandra sat across from both of them.

"Wait, would you like wine or just water?" Velora asked, Alessandra answered saying she wanted wine.

Velora had brought it to her, sitting back down with her glass of white wine as well. They began eating, Velora was cringing on the inside.

She hated the sound of people chewing and she couldn't stop thinking about how she was so close to kissing the woman sitting across from her. "How was your day mama? Anyone make you want to retire?" Mateo asked.

Velora realized she didn't even know where she worked. "Of course, the minute I walk into that building I want to retire. But I didn't get my masters for nothing." Alessandra joked.

"What do you do? Mateo forgot to tell me?" Velora asked, Alessandra looked at her. "I'm a therapist. I help adults mostly, but at the start I did help children." She said smiling. So she was a child therapist and now is an adult therapist? "Doesn't that take a long time for two different brains?"