2. Is This a Date? (This One's For You! Pt.2)

967 words

You had stayed in contact with Charles more than ever since you saw him at the Monaco GP. You messaged him everyday and every time he replied, the spark relit just that little bit more and you remembered why you had first had a crush on him all those years ago. You think he thought the same by the way he had started talking to you on FaceTime and messages but you couldn't be sure.
The F1 season had taken a summer break and Charles was back in Monaco preparing for the next half of the season but also chilling out a bit before having to be back in full swing. You had seen him a few times and you were meeting up with him again today but this time felt different. It sounds cliché but it did. He had asked differently, he hadn't told you what you were doing and he told you to dress nicely. So you did. You put on your best outfit and made your way to Charles' house where he was waiting in a suit.

You smiled at the floor, hoping he wouldn't notice you taking in his beauty but he did

You smiled at the floor, hoping he wouldn't notice you taking in his beauty but he did. "You like it, ma cherie?" He said, half serious, half teasing.
"I do." You confessed.
"You don't look too bad yourself." He locked eyes with you for a moment before holding out his arm for you to take. He directed you to a large garage and as you went inside, you saw rows and rows of the shiniest, most beautiful cars all lined up. "This is the garage, Y/N. I thought you might want to choose a car for us to drive tonight. There's the road cars over there." He pointed at the far end of the garage where cars of many different colours were parked.
"Really! Oh Charles, these are beautiful!" You went over and chose a bright red, convertible Ferrari (of course) which Charles got the keys for.
You got in the car and he put the roof down as it was a warm night. Then he drove the car out of the garage and into the buzzing streets of Monaco. "What are we doing, Charles? Are we going somewhere?" You asked him, realising you still didn't know what you were doing. "We are going for a drive, we are going to see the most beautiful places in Monaco- for me at least, I hope you will enjoy them though."
"I'm sure I will, anywhere with you I will enjoy, Charles."
You drove and drove around Monaco in the golden light of the sunset, just breathing in the air and feeling it rushing through your hair. It was magical.
Once it had got dark, Charles stopped the car by the boat port, Port Hercules, and directed you to a small but expensive looking boat. It was beautiful. You noticed it was decked out with small lights, making it the most romantic spot in Monaco to you right now. "Charles, is this a date?" You asked.
"It is whatever you'd like it to be, ma cherie," Charles replied, but before you could answer, he said, "but yes that was the vibe I was going for." You both laughed a little as he helped you into the boat and guided you to a table set up with roses and the same little fairy lights that lit the boat. You had a romantic dinner and then drove the boat out to sea a little. Once again, the wind in your hair was exhilarating beyond compare and you loved it. "Y/N!" Charles said loudly, over the noise of the boat, "I've really liked you since we were at school and I wasn't sure then but I'm 10000% sure now that I want to make this last as long as I can, will you help me do that?"
"I've liked you ever since I was 14 and you were 16, Charles! I just didn't know you felt the same! I would love nothing more than to keep this!" You responded ecstatically.
You both changed into swimwear (you admired each other for a second 👀) and then jumped off the boat into the cold water. You both swam a bit before climbing out to jump off again. Holding hands, you once again plunged into the dark water and came back up laughing (Charles was cute when he smiled and laughed you thought (but always 😁)). This time, instead of swimming to get out, Charles pulled you closer to him almost colliding straight away. He put his hands up to your face and gently pulled you close, your lips touching his softly. Sparks exploded all around you both as you kissed each other intensely but softly. It was the best kiss you had ever had. You pulled apart reluctantly and just smiled at each other, taking in the beautiful moment.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————
Later, after the perfect date with Charles, he walked you to your door. "I hope you enjoyed tonight, cherie." He spoke softly.
"Take me anywhere and I'll be more than happy, Charles. I loved tonight and how it turned out and I would love to do it again sometime."
"I would love nothing more, Y/N. I want you to be the one who comes to races with me, who I can spend all my days with, who I can love more than anyone or anything else. I want you, Y/N Y/L/N."
"I want you too, Charles Leclerc." You kissed him again before walking inside and watching him pull off to go home. You closed the door and leaned your back against it, thinking about the night you'd had. A wide grin crossed your face and didn't leave the whole night.
It was in this moment you knew you loved Charles Leclerc.

A/N: That's the first full one done guys! I loved writing this part 2 so much, I just think it's so cute! Hope you guys loved it too. Make sure to leave suggestions and comments, I'd love to hear from you. This part was a bit shorter, you'll be proud of me 😁
I will be using 'ma cherie' as a petname that Charles uses for you, I know it's the feminine version but there is not gender neutral one in French and I really like this so just imagine it's gender neutral and if you're male it would be 'mon cheri' so use your imagination 😁
Remember, you are loved and strong and beautiful ❤️
-A