8. Need You Here

263 words
Inspired by 'Here With Me' by Marshmello
Listen to the song while reading 😁 I don't know why but this song reminds me of Charles
⚠️ The video has flashing lights⚠️

"Ma cherie?" His voice. His voice made you feel at home. You felt safe now. It was Charles. He had just returned from a race weekend, now with 2 weeks break before the next one. Obviously he would still be working hard but he was home and that was the thing that mattered the most right now. "Baby! You're home!" You ran up to him and he caught you, spinning you around. He was equally as excited to see you. The race weekend felt long without you there and you both just wanted to be in each other's arms in the home you lived in together. It was too quiet without him but duty called and you had to support him from home. You missed each other so much when you weren't together. You were convinced you were soulmates- you just fit together so well and when you were together everything was perfect. "Of course! I'm always coming back, my love." Charles reassured you, even though you knew he would never leave you.
"I know but I missed you!" You pouted. He kissed you softly as he pulled you in for another hug- he just wanted to hold you and you couldn't complain. His strong arms were where you felt the safest, nothing could hurt you when he was holding you and it made everything better. "I missed you too. Je t'aime, ma cherie. (I love you, my darling)"
"Je t'aime plus, baby. (I love you more, baby)" He put down his bags and you cuddled with him on your bed, him stroking your hair softly. Nothing was better. You were complete again.

A/N: I thought this was very cute so I hoped you liked it even though it was short. I know I've been using some French in my stories so I'm just going to say that 'je t'aime' means 'I love you' and 'ma cherie' is 'my darling' because they're the ones I'm going to use the most so I thought I'd let you know (although if you didn't know you would've probably searched it so it's not really helpful at this point but for future I guess 😁😂)
Remember, you are loved and strong and beautiful ❤️
-A