25. Double Surprise

1559 words
This is a request from the lovely inastan9 Thank you so much for this idea, it was a pleasure to write and thank you for your support (and to everyone who has supported this book). Also this is a story directed at a female audience as i have used she/her pronouns but obviously anyone can still read it. Hope you enjoy!

You had married your husband, Charles, at the age of 27, when he was 28. It was a beautiful wedding, the best day of your life and one you would never forget. Marrying the love of your life was the best thing that happened to you. Now, one year on, you couldn't be happier. You lived together, just the two of you, in a beautiful house in Monte Carlo, Monaco which was the most beautiful place on earth despite you growing up in Italy. You had met Charles when you were teammates in Sauber, your first F1 team (and Charles') after you had come from the W series and he had come from F2. You had fallen for him instantly but told yourself that you couldn't date someone you worked with so you would watch in agony as he had long relationships with other girls. When he secured a place in Ferrari and you were offered a seat at Mercedes, you were able pluck up the courage to ask him out and the rest is history.
One thing you had never talked about with Charles but had always thought about was children. You knew Charles wanted a family and so did you but you didn't know how many or when would be the perfect time for both of you. You had always wanted to ask Charles about starting a family but it never felt like the right time.
However, 2 months ago, you started to feel sick in the mornings and had noticed how late your period was. You hadn't told Charles about your concerns, even when 3 pregnancy tests came back positive. Obviously, you knew you were pregnant but you just couldn't do it. You loved Charles with your whole heart and you couldn't lose him. What if he didn't want children yet? What if he got mad and left? You also had the added pressure of being an F1 driver. You couldn't race carrying a child and you knew it but you couldn't tell anyone yet because Charles didn't know.
Today though, you were going to do it. This would be your final race. You told your team but said that they would find out why soon enough. The race went amazingly- you ended up P1! Charles also did such a good job as he was P2 with your teammate, Lewis, in P3. In the first interview with the top 3, you decided to tell everyone. The questions ended and you were asked if you wanted to say anything else before they talked to Charles, who was waiting patiently next to you with a microphone so he was ready. He was watching you with pride. "Actually, I do have something I would like to share." You gently grabbed Charles' hand and pulled him towards you. Everyone, including Charles, wore confused expressions but they soon changed when you held the microphone with a shaky hand and announced your big news to the world. "As many of you know, I married this guy a year ago. But what none of you, including Charles, know is that I am going to be taking a break from racing from today. We are actually adding to the family." Charles still looked confused until you placed a hand on your stomach. Then his expression changed suddenly. He covered his face in shock and crouched down on the floor, processing this information. When he stood up and uncovered his face, there were tears filling his eyes. Oh god, what had you done? Then he picked you up and spun you around, that confirmed everything: he was happy. No, he was beyond happy- he was ecstatic. "I love you, ma cherie." He said in your ear so no one would hear but the screaming fans meant that they wouldn't have heard anyway. You both had your moment, given by the interviewer, before you turned back to answer more questions. "Charles," the interviewer said, clearly shocked too. "What do you make of this." He lifted up the microphone slowly, thinking of what he was going to say. "I'm honestly speechless. I'm so happy, I love her so much and I can't wait to have an addition to this family with her. I just can't believe it!" He wrapped an arm around you, pulling you into his side, happily.
After all of the media, you went back to yours and Charles' hotel room. There, he pushed you up against the wall, kissing you passionately. When you both separated to regain air, you looked at each other and smiled widely. "I love you, ma cherie. So much." Charles told you, slightly breathless.
"I love you too, baby. To the moon and back."
——————————————————————————————————————————————————
7 months later, you were at the final race of the season. The most important. It was the race that decided the winner of the championship, would it be Charles or Lewis? As much as you wanted your team to win, you were really rooting for Charles to win. You were so excited for the race but you were nervous for the result. You also felt an ounce of jealousy for the drivers, you could have been contending for the championship with them if you had not been pregnant but you pushed this thought aside when you thought of having a child took over. You couldn't wait to get Baby out, you couldn't wait to meet it and you certainly couldn't wait for all of the pregnancy effects to stop. They were exhausting but at the same time beautiful, they were preparing your body to have a child- a real human being that you created and carried by yourself (with Charles' help of course).
"Good luck, baby. Go get them! But be safe, okay? I love you." You kissed Charles before he got into the car for the race. He was starting in P2,  behind Lewis, so he was set up nicely into the first turn to overtake. He had also had the stronger car this weekend so far so hopefully he could squeeze every last bit of performance out of it today.
"Thank you, ma cherie. I'm always careful," he smiled at you. "But yes, I will be extra careful. I love you too." He kissed you again and then bent down to kiss your bump. He had a habit of doing that almost every time he kissed you but you couldn't complain, it was so sweet.
About a quarter of the way through the race, you began to feel strange. You shifted in you seat in Charles' garage and then froze as you felt water gushing down your leg. "Y/N? Are you okay?" One of Charles' engineers asked you, seeing the look on your face.
"I think my water just broke." You said in shock, eyes still wide. You couldn't do this now, not today.
"Oh god. Okay. Why don't you sit in a more comfortable chair while we figure something out." The engineer said trying to stay calm for you, helping you into an armchair in the hospitality. "Why don't you call your midwife, I'm sure she'll know what to do."
"Okay." Was all you said, pulling out your phone.
After you midwife agreed to meet you at the track and check you out to see what was happening, you made your way into Charles' driver room to have a little privacy. A little while later, your midwife decided it was best to take you to hospital which you reluctantly agreed to- you couldn't hold this off for any longer, the contractions were already becoming intense. "Would you like us to tell Charles?" The engineer asked.
"Um, yes but don't retire him. Make sure he gives it his everything. I don't want to sacrifice his race." You said as you were helped into the car to go to hospital.
In the car, you began to cry. "Oh sweetheart, what's wrong?" Your midwife tried comforting you.
"I can't do this." You cried, scared.
"I know this is not ideal but you are more than capable of doing this. You're so unbelievably strong and you have me, your family and Charles behind you even if they aren't here. And Charles will be with you soon, he will win this race for you and your baby and then he will come to the hospital I have no doubt. You can do this." She calmed you.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————
After an hour of contractions and being in labour (it was quick, you were blessed), you finally met the 2 beauties that were your children. Yes, children. Plural. You had unexpected twins, a girl and a boy. Charles had also joined you as soon as he could to support you. He was amazing throughout the whole process and cried when he got to hold them. You only needed minutes to name your gorgeous twins Jules, meaning youthful (and for Jules Bianchi) and Mila, meaning gracious. They were names you both loved from early on and they just made sense. The rest of the day was spent crying, holding them and you sleeping.
Oh, and if you were wondering, Charles won the race and championship. And he dedicated the whole championship to you and the twins. He couldn't be happier that day: he had a gorgeous, loving wife, beautiful twins and a world championship under his belt. What could be wrong?

A/N: Apologies it is so long but hopefully you guys all enjoyed it. I loved writing this so thank you inastan9 for this amazing request and idea. As always, send me requests, I'd love to do so many more for you guys!
Remember, you are loved and strong and beautiful ❤️
-A