27. Picture Perfect

982 words
⚠️Description of anxiety/panic attacks⚠️
A/N: I don't know how good this will be because I've been lacking in ideas recently. I wanted to write something for you guys so I tried a story generator 😂 and it said something different but it made me think of this so hopefully it's alright for you guys 😊
Also, the italics is the flashback

Being in love had saved you from one thing- your crippling anxiety. Now that you were newly single after 2 years, the anxiety was back and you had no one. To make matters worse, it had been you who had broken things off with your now ex-boyfriend, Charles Leclerc. It had sent you to a very dark place but there was nothing to pull you out of it. No one to distract you.
You were at your favourite restaurant, a happy place for you. You used to work there when you were younger and all of the staff loved you like a second family so when your anxiety became bad again, you would spend your empty days sitting around in the kitchen just chatting with the chefs, waiters and waitresses. It was almost therapeutic.
You were sitting on one of the countertops, swinging your legs and listening to one of the chefs, Mel, talk about her family and her new grandson- she even showed you pictures and he was very cute. All of a sudden, your chest felt tight and it was hard to breathe, your head was spinning like how it does when you felt overwhelmed. You knew it was a panic attack as you'd had them loads but this was sudden and had no trigger. You didn't really have time to think about the possible causes as you began to panic more. Mel saw what was happening straight away and dropped what she was doing ti help you. "You're okay, Y/N. It's me, it's Mel." She rubbed your arm in attempts to comfort you. "Just think of your happy place, a time when you were happiest. I know that can sometimes help." You tried to think of when you were most happy and anxiety-free. Then it hit you. It was your favourite memory a week ago.

You lay on the beach in Bali in complete bliss. It was so peaceful, you were so glad Charles had brought you here to celebrate your 1 year. It was just what you needed. Just as you thought of how great full you were, you felt something cold splash you. You opened your eyes quickly in alarm and saw Charles laughing from a short distance away. He had run away so you couldn't get him back but if he thought you would stay on your subbed after that then he was so wrong. You got up and chased him into the cold but refreshing sea water. You ran after him, playfully shouting at him and pretending to be annoyed with him. When the water was up to your mid-calf, you saw Charles trip over a wave and splash into the water. You could barely hold yourself up with how much you were laughing. Then you felt an arm pull you down so now you were lying in the water too. You both laughed hysterically at the stupidity of the situation. "Charles! I hate you!" You shouted jokingly.
"Ah yes. Of course, but we all know you love me really." He grinned stupidly, pleased with himself.
"Is that so?"
"It is."
"Well, we might have to test that one. If you kiss me you might find out." You wiggled an eyebrow playfully as you continued to joke with him.
"Oh really?" Charles asked, kissing your lips gently but you didn't kiss back, you wanted to play with him a bit more, it was funny. "Baby!" He pouted at you.
"Oh well, if you're looking like that then I might just have to do this." You kissed his soft lips passionately.
"Love you baby." Charles said as you pulled away.
"I love you more, mon amour."
God, your boyfriend was so frickin cute!

You gasped, suddenly able to breathe. You regained your breath and turned to Mel. "Thank you do much, I have to go and do something really quickly but I'll be back tomorrow!" You ran out and ran straight to your car. You were sure you broke a few speed limits on the way but it didn't matter, all you needed to do was get there. You had fucked up. Bad.
As soon as you reached your destination you jumped out of the car and ran up to the door. You knocked urgently 3 times before someone came to the door. "Y/N?"
"Charles! Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. I know I fucked up but is there any way you can forgive me? I love you so much and I can't lose you!" It all came out at once.
"Um, I don't know." He looked at the floor, sadly. He missed you like hell but he couldn't be sure you were being serious about this. You lifted his chin up gently, looking him directly in the eyes.
"I know it's hard for you to trust me right now but I promise you I never stopped loving you and I am here to try and make up for what I did. I know I hurt you but I don't want to hurt you again. It's been killing me to wake up everyday for a whole week without you and I really miss you." A small tear escaped your eye but Charles reached up and wiped it away.
"You promise?" He said, a tear threatening to escape his own eye.
"I promise." You nodded, you sounded so genuine that he knew your intentions.
"Come in." He opened the door more so you could enter. You stepped in, taking off your shoes just like you had done every other time. It smelled the same. It looked the same. You were home now. Home and safe. You knew you had some making up to do but you were willing to spend the time fixing the relationship you had broken piece by piece and build the trust back up again. As long as Charles was there, you would do anything.