19. If I Died In Your Arms

480 words
Inspired by 'In Your Arms' by ILLENIUM and X Ambassadors
Listen to the song while reading 😁 I don't know why but this song reminds me of Charles

You and Charles had both had long, hard weeks. He hadn't done well all week with free practices and the weekend wasn't his usual good results. You had been working overtime everyday to try and get a task done at work, coming home exhausted, physically and emotionally, and going straight to bed. You felt like you hadn't seen Charles properly all week despite living with him.
Today had been the final straw for you, you had worked so hard all day and finished the task only to find that one of your colleagues had messed it up and you would have to do it again. You had held it together while at work but when you got home you broke down. You closed the front door and slid down, your head in your hands and tears staining your face. You felt a presence next to you but you didn't pay any attention until you felt an arm wrap around your shoulders and pull you in to hold you close. You relaxed into his side, gratefully accepting the comfort and felt him rest his head on yours. You knew it was Charles but you didn't look up until you heard him sniffle next to you. Your neck snapped up to meet his eyes, a few tears escaping his eyes. You offered him a watery smile which he returned before you broke the silence. "Look at us." You wiped the tears from your eyes and Charles did the same, chuckling slightly.
Charles picked you up off the floor and carried you to your bedroom where he placed you gently on the bed. You were still in your work clothes but you didn't care, you were too exhausted to change. Charles got in next to you, cuddling close. He just held you, saying nothing and gently stroking your hair. Everything was so peaceful but one thing was still playing on your mind. "Are you okay?" You asked Charles, softly. You were conscious that he was taking care of you but no one was taking care of him.
"Yeah," he replied truthfully, "tough week, that's all." He placed a soft kiss on your head which made you smile.
"Yeah." You agreed quietly.
"Do you need anything?" He asked you.
"Just hold me." Emotion laced in your voice but you didn't cry again. There was no need, everything was alright now.
Nothing more was said that night. You just lay peacefully, the love radiating between you. Neither of you had to say it but you knew, you were both madly in love. You silently decided that if you died right here in Charles' arms, you would be completely happy. He was the love of your life and with him, everything was perfect. Even the most imperfect things. You were safe with Charles. You feared nothing with Charles. You loved Charles.
And he loved you. No doubt.

A/N: I loved writing this! Hope you enjoyed it as much as me. It was a bit shorter but I think it's still okay and I didn't want to waffle and take away from the emotion of the story, if you know what I mean. I don't know 😂 I'm happy with it though and I love this song so it's a win-win 😂 let me know what you think.
Remember, you are loved and strong and beautiful ❤️
-A