43. Childish Behaviour Pt. 2

861 words
A/N: This is a request from the amazing @Rebe_Stark. It wouldn't let me tag the username for some reason but they asked for a part 2 and I didn't know what to do for it and they proceeded to give me this masterpiece so I have to credit them. I really enjoyed writing this because it made me happy so I hope that it is as good as you're hoping and I hope everyone else enjoys <3
Remember, you are loved and strong and beautiful ❤️
-A

You wanted to go, leave and be back in the quiet hotel room but you also wanted to be there for the other drivers who were happy with their race result because they were your friends too and your life didn't revolve completely around Charles. It would be fun to spend some time with them and be happy after what had just gone down with Charles, maybe it would take your mind off it.
You found yourself talking with Carlos' girlfriend, Isa, soon after you had congratulated the other drivers. Isa was a really good friend of yours and it helped that she knew all about the rollercoaster that was being a partner of a driver. You were telling her what had just happened at the motor home because you knew she would understand, although, looking at Carlos laughing with Lando a few metres away, you couldn't imagine him getting angry like Charles had. I mean, you couldn't imagine Charles getting as upset as he did today until today so I suppose people surprise. "I just don't understand why he acted so childishly, you know?"
"Yeah, we both know Charles well though, he'll come around. Just give it time." She reassured you.
"Yeah, I know. He won't even come out and do the interviews, I had to tell his PR that he wasn't going to be doing any media toda-" You stopped as you were sure you heard Charles' voice through a microphone. You snapped your head around to look at the big screen behind you and, sure enough, you saw your boyfriend doing the interviews he said he wasn't going to. It made you smile because it meant that at least something had gone through to him earlier. You were still upset with him but he was one step closer to forgiveness. You started listening to what he was saying when you heard your name, why were you being mentioned?
"I would first of all like to apologise to my team and teammate for the way I reacted earlier. I have come to realise after a very interesting conversation with Y/N that there are certain ways to react to a disappointing result and that wasn't one of them. Y/N is actually the one who told me to come to these interviews because I was just going to go and be by myself in the hotel but I was told that I had responsibilities to other people and I couldn't blow them off because of a slight inconvenience so here I am. And Y/N, I'm sorry. I know it might take a while for you to properly forgive me for my reaction but I want you to know that I love you too. Always." You smiled as you turned to Isa. "You got through to him then?" She said, also smiling.
"I suppose so."
"Go to him." She nodded, placing a hand on your shoulder. She knew that you would be happy with this outcome. You took her advice and ran to Charles, who had just got out of that interview. He spun you around as you hugged, grateful that you were both happy to see each other. You never really displayed affection in public, especially not with this many cameras around but who cares, you were happy so you kissed him. Charles was a little surprised by this move but quickly kissed back. This would be all over the media later.
"I am so sorry, ma chérie. Really I am." Charles all of a sudden looked scared by what you would have to say about his childish behaviour but you reassured him that it was okay. You knew that he wouldn't react like that again and he had made up for it now. "It's okay, honestly. We forget about it now, yeah?"
"I like that idea very much." He smiled.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————
After the rest of the interviews, you were finally back home. Well, at the hotel but it was your makeshift home for this week. You were lying on the bed with Charles, both of you scrolling on your phones. It was something you didn't mind that other people did, as long as you were together it was perfect. You were on TikTok, looking at all of the F1 content from the weekend which is what you always did at the end of a race, it was like closing off a race. Charles was on Instagram, replying to some messages from various people and looking at posts. As you were scrolling through the videos, you came across an edit of you and Charles making up with him spinning you round in a hug and kissing after. It made you smile. "Look at this." You said just as Charles said the exact same thing to you, both of you showing the other your phones. You both laughed as you looked at the posts, both of the moment you had shared earlier. You shared a kiss before you decided that was enough scrolling for one night. The light was clicked off as you snuggled closer to Charles, not wanting to let go. But it was okay, you didn't have to.