32. Abu Dhabi Nights

971 words
A/N: if you haven't seen the Abu Dhabi GP then please don't read this because it is based on the race and the results will be spoiled. I don't want to spoil it for anyone so wait until after to read ☺️
I just want to say that, as always, no hate to Charlotte. I love her and her relationship with Charles, this is just a story and it is by no means true or what I think of her 😁

The final race of the season, the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. It was going to be a big one. Charles was equal with Sergio Perez on points, meaning they would battle it out in the race for second in the championship. Max had already secured first, much to your annoyance but you had faith in Charles to beat Perez. He was starting right behind him in P3 so the battle would kick off right from the start.
To add to the stress for Charles (and you), Charlotte Siné, Charles' ex who was still obsessed with him even though he was with you and had been for 18 months, was at the track. Who knows why but she was very much there. She was like an annoying fan just always around Charles and 'convincing' him that he should be with her and not you. Of course, you hated this but you chose to ignore her and let Charles focus on the big race ahead of him. Charles could see what she was doing, especially when she started posting him and tagging him on her Instagram. He could also see that it was affecting you so he decided he would forget about the whole situation for now and confront Charlotte to tell her to back off after the race. After all, he was with you and loved you. Only you.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————
Soon, lights were out and all 20 cars were racing. You were tense for the whole race, watching on nervously from the garage with Arthur and Lorenzo. You were very close to them, even before you and Charles started dating as you had been friends with all of them for years. They always looked after you during races when they could because they knew what the stress was like. Even better, Charlotte wasn't allowed into the garage on the Sunday so she had to watch you and Charles' brothers watch the race all together from outside. You didn't know if it made you a horrible person or not but you were happy that she had to suffer, watching you be in the position she obviously wanted so badly.
The last 2 laps were intense, Checo was catching Charles and looked as though he would overtake him into 2nd to beat him in the championship. "C'mon, Charles, c'mon, c'mon!" Your voice no more than a whisper due to stress and you biting your nails. It was a nervous thing you did. However, all of your nerves were for nothing as Charles pulled away, lengthening the gap between his car and the Red Bull, crossing the line in an amazing 2nd place and earning himself 2nd in the championship too. You jumped up as he crossed the line. You couldn't believe it, he had done it! You turned around to the rest of the team, all cheering and then to Arthur and Lorenzo who were hugging tightly, clearly very proud of their brother. They hugged you too as you jumped in happiness and pride. You joined the team in running to the pit wall to watch as Charles crossed the line on his in-lap and began to do celebratory doughnuts. You also cheered loudly for Sebastian Vettel, a legend in the sport who was sadly retiring this year. One of your best friends Daniel Ricciardo was also leaving to be a reserve driver with Red Bull next season after being replaced by a new driver so the weekend was bittersweet. You still enjoyed every second though.
Once Charles had got out of the car, he came straight over to you and jumping in happiness onto you and the team. You took off his helmet as you hugged and he kissed you passionately. You both couldn't stop smiling. You heard a familiar voice call Charles' name and the moment was ruined but to your surprise, Charles didn't even look at her. "Don't worry, ma cherié. I will tell her to va te faire foutre (fuck off)." He smiled. You laughed at the fact he wouldn't say it in English but smiled because you knew very well what that meant and how he would speak to her. She would back off after that conversation. Charles can be quite scary when he's properly angry, not that he'd ever been that angry at you but you'd seen it so you could only imagine what it would be like to be on the receiving end.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————
When you got back to the hotel, you and Charles got into bed immediately. You were both exhausted from all the racing, partying and celebrations of the day. "Ma cherié?" Charles asked as you lay awake in bed, taking in all of Charles' beauty as he started at the ceiling, digesting the emotions of the day you supposed. "Yes baby?" You lifted your head.
"You don't have to worry about Charlotte anymore. I know how you felt this weekend about everything with her but it's all taken care of now. But please tell me if you're feeling off about something, I want to know so I can fix it, I don't care how big the race is just tell me, okay?"
"Are you seriously saying this right now?" You laughed, Charles' face dropped, concerned again. "You're the second best driver F1 in the in the world right now and you're worrying about me! Come on! Be selfish, think about yourself for once!" You started getting excited again.
"I'm not hearing any agreement." He gave you a 'look'.
"Fine, baby. Yes. I will be sure to tell you how I feel. Better? Now be selfish! I am so proud of you and you should be too!" He laughed as he brought his head up to yours, kissing you softly and pulling you into his chest, hugging you tightly."
"Je t'aime beaucoup, ma chérie. (I love you so much my darling)"
"Je t'aime plus, baby. (I love you more, baby)"

A/N: OMG GUYS! Charles got 2nd in the championship! I am so happy and proud of him! I literally can't stop smiling. It's a bittersweet day though because he could have done so much better but we won't dwell on that and I am still so happy for him. I'm going to cry though because of Seb, Daniel and Mick leaving 😭 I'm going to miss them so much but I'm excited for what's to come and I think Charles and Carlos will come back so much stronger next year. There's so many emotions 😭 I feel like crying but I don't know if it's because I'm happy or sad 😭 Also, does anyone get emotional when the drivers do doughnuts at the end of the last race or is it just me? Because I love them so much and they always make me happy if they are for celebrating but so sad if it's because the driver is leaving 🥹🫶 maybe I'm just an emotional person 🥲😂🥲
Danke Seb
Thank you Daniel
Danke Mick
❤️
Remember you are loved and strong and beautiful ❤️
-A