24. Cuddly Baby

501 words

Cuddle days were nice, just lying in bed in PJs not having anything to do or worry about. They were even better with someone to cuddle. Luckily, Charles, your boyfriend of just over a year now, loved to cuddle too. On sleepy days, usually during the summer break in the F1 season, he was so cuddly and cute so, naturally, you made the most of it.
Today was the first day of the summer break and it was one of those days. You were both exhausted as he had been training for a few weeks straight and you had been between work and the races, in and out of time zones like crazy. You were incredibly grateful that you had this day off work as you could have a proper first day of summer together with Charles. It was 11am and neither one of you wanted to get up and disturb the peace and coziness of the morning but you knew it would soon be the afternoon so you should probably get up. You put a pillow where you had been lying on the bed so your sound asleep boyfriend wouldn't wake up when you were making breakfast. As a treat, you made pancakes and, of course, you made some for Charles.
As you were plating up your own pancakes, you felt a warm body press up against your back, strong arms wrapping around your waist. "Morning baby." You turned your head to where Charles had rested his on your shoulder to give him a quick 'good morning' kiss as you did every morning. He smiled contently and pointed at the plate you had made up for him. "Yeah, that's yours." You nodded taking your own plate to the breakfast bar to eat. Charles sat next to you, kissing you on the cheek as he passed you, still having said nothing all morning. "You okay, baby?"
"Mhm." Charles nodded, taking a bite of his pancake.
"Sleepy?"
"Mhm." He nodded again. You chuckled slightly at his cuteness.
"We go back to bed after this, yeah? Cuddles." You saw Charles' eyes widen at the last word which made you laugh. You were exhausted too so you were grateful he was okay to have a lazy day. You finished your breakfast and got back into bed with Charles. He was the big spoon and you were the little spoon- the best way to cuddle. He nuzzled his head into the crook of your neck cutely, cuddling up to you more. You smiled knowing how cuddly he was when he was tired- he was too cute.
You ended up falling asleep again, waking up again at 3pm. You turned slightly but stopped when you heard the heavy breathing of the boy next to you, indicating he was sleeping. You turned slowly so you could cuddle into his chest this time and snuggled into him more, his body radiating warmth. You smiled to yourself. You loved days like these. Lazy, cuddly days with your cuddly baby.

A/N: I've been struggling with ideas so that's why this one is a bit shorter but I wanted to publish something for you guys because I felt bad after not writing anything for a bit when I was on holiday but I'm back now and I wanted to put something out. Like always, requests are open and are more than welcome.
Question: would you guys be mad if I wrote an Arthur story here and there (obviously not regularly) because I love him too and I have a few cute ideas but if you guys don't want that then I won't so it's up to you (I know I don't get comments but if a few of you could respond to let me know that would be great 😂)
Remember, you are loved and strong and beautiful ❤️
-A