40. Heaven

468 words
Inspired by 'Heaven' by Niall Horan
Listen to the song while reading 😁 I heard this in the car today and the pre-chorus at 1:25 is what made me think of this ☺️

It had been a long day of work for you and Charles since he had been out for the final day of testing and you had been calculating aerodynamics for the car. You loved working at Ferrari because it was your dream job that you had worked hard for years to get to and you could also be with Charles a lot which always made you happy. At the end of a busy day, though, you loved nothing more than crawling into the crisp sheets at the hotel and cuddling with Charles, sometimes not even talking to each other- you didn't have to, the presence of each other was enough for both of you so you would just lie there peacefully until you fell asleep.
Today was one of those days. You were lying in bed next to the man you loved the most, just listening to his soft breathing breaking the silence gently, like a knife cutting soft butter. You smiled to yourself because you knew you couldn't have it better, you got so lucky. You turned over to look at Charles' silhouette in the darkness and pressed a gentle kiss on his cheek, thinking he was asleep. Just as you were about to turn back around to sleep, you felt a hand on your chin, gently lifting it up to reach perfect lips. It was the simple things in life, like a gentle kiss from one of the people you loved the most, that made you happy, but to be honest, Charles' kiss was so much more than that. You often thought that you could just die in his kiss, in his arms and you wouldn't be sad about it.
"Je t'aime, ma chérie." Charles breathed.
"I love you too Charles, so so much. I'm so lucky that I get you."
"I'm luckier though." You could hear the smile through his words. "I get the most beautiful, talented, intelligent person I've ever met."
"But I get a 5 time Grand Prix winner and the most amazing person I've ever met, that's pretty cool too." You laughed a little. His success in F1 didn't mean anything to you in the way that you saw him and he knew it but you mentioned it sometimes because you were still very proud of him (of course). "Yeah," he replied with a smile, "I guess that is pretty cool." You both laughed at this.
"I love you, mon amour." You kissed him. "Sleep well, okay?"
"I love you too, ma chérie." He wrapped his arm around you before he added quietly, "more than you will ever love me."
"Shush." You laughed as you relaxed into your sleep. A soft kiss on your forehead was the last thing you knew before you fell asleep with a wide smile on your face.