15. You Love Me Really

476 words
A/N: You and Charles are not dating in this one. Maybe you could say that you are flirting with each other 🤷‍♀️ but in this one you are just team mates and friends

You have been racing since you were 7. It was your one true love- the speed, the adrenaline, you loved it all. You had many friends from racing that you had progressed with through karting and then the formulas. You were currently in F3 alongside your two closest friends George Russel and Alex Albon and your teammate in Van Amersfoort Racing, Charles Leclerc. You and Charles were close too but not as close as you, George and Alex. You three would always be a causing trouble whenever you got the chance and people started to be concerned when they saw one of you without the other two. However, you liked to tease Charles about both racing and not racing, especially if you were winning. The engineers went along with your jokes and would tell Charles if you had said anything on the radio to him while racing. It was funny to you how he would pretend to be so offended even though you never took anything you said to each other to heart.
Today, you were stuck behind Charles after you'd had a slow pit and dropped a few places. You were constantly pushing to get around him but he was too fast on the straights. Finally, on the next lap you were able to overtake as Charles locked up on the corner, causing him to run wide. "Ah, Charles! Merci! (Thank you!)" You said on the radio while laughing. You knew the engineers would find that one funny as you had just taken advantage of Charles' mistake. It was still early in the season so no one was competing for the championship yet so it was just a bit of fun.
"Okay, Y/N. That's P2, P2!" Your engineer told you as you came across the line. "Yes! Come on! Thank you!" You loved the feeling of victory, even though you hadn't won, this was an amazing result for this early in the season. "Et Charles, merci! Tu es un coéquipier super mais je t'ai encore battu! (And Charles, thank you! You are an amazing teammate but I beat you again!)" You laughed, you knew he would hear this after the race.
Sure enough, after the post-race debrief, Charles came into your room in the hospitality, pretending to look furious. You laughed at his childishness while he stood in the doorway unimpressed. "Liked my little message, Leclerc?" You teased.
"Oh yes. Loved it. Just wait. This season I'm going to beat you by a mile so watch out. Keep celebrating while you can, Y/L/N!" He gave you the middle finger as he left.
"You love me really!" You call after him.
"No, I don't!" He didn't bother to look back at you as he walked away. You just laughed, your banter with him was too good. You were glad you had this relationship with your teammate instead of a strictly professional one- that would just have been boring!

A/N: A bit of a shorter one tonight, I know. I wanted to do one where you weren't dating because I think banter between teammates is great, especially when they make fun of each other, it's quite funny. I also think Charles in F3 is cute and he would be cute in this situation 😁 anyways let me know what you think, the support so far has been amazing! We hit 400 views! Thank you so much!
Remember, you are loved and strong and beautiful ❤️
-A