Boat racing

Tuesday, 1 August 2017

The first night in the girls' camp was full of legends that Croix and Ursula told about Luna Nova, which scared the trio of Akko, Hellene and Marianne a little, thinking that it was more real than it seemed. After these legends were told, each one went to their respective tent, where they went to sleep to wake up the next day that will have some more activities to do in the camp.

It is seven o'clock in the morning of the first day of August, the girls of the red team get up after a long night of sleep, seeing that the other girls were also getting up, at that moment Croix and Ursula were preparing breakfast, frying some eggs and roasting some sausages, as the girls were appearing.

" Good morning Akko! " Said Ursula as Kagari yawned, taking a seat at the table, starting a morning feast there.

" Good morning Ursula, good morning Croix " Said the sleepy Atsuko and soon Hellene and Marianne also appeared joining the table.

" Good morning Akko, did you manage to sleep after those legends? Hahaha " Hellene said mocking her friend.

" I hadn't even remembered, I just kept sleeping, wrapping myself more in the blanket, this thing doesn't warm anything, the cold was my biggest worry " Said the Japanese woman.

" Tell me about it... I couldn't stand it tonight, I was freezing, these blankets didn't warm me at all, and my back hurts with the mattresses, I felt like sleeping on the floor... Ahhhh " said Marianne.

" I can sleep with you tonight, so we'll be a lot warmer," said Cavendish a bit shyly.

" Oh that would be wonderful, let's call Akko too, then the three of us will be warm, we have to have a meeting of the three of us," said Leclerc getting excited.

" Ah... Sure, a meeting of the three of us... If it's better, then let's do it like this... It'll be fun to get together in this tent, apart from the fact that sleeping alone makes me cold... I just wanted to cuddle with... " The frustrated redhead is immediately hugged by both the brownish and the dark haired girl with reddish highlights.

The time went by, the girls had practically had breakfast, practically all of them had woken up that morning, which was very sunny and hot, then Croix and Ursula took some waistcoats from their tent, calling all the girls to get in line.

" Well, now we are going to have a little competition, do you see the canoes on the other side? Today we are going to have some fun, you are going to do a race through the lagoon course in front of us, you need to complete five laps, but first, put on these waistcoats and I also recommend you to change your clothes, because you are going to get wet and a lot haha " Ursula said.

" So it's going to be a canoe race? How are we going to go in them? And what about the teams? " Akko asks.

" You will leave with your team, each canoe has three places exactly to represent your teams, in the case of teams like brown and purple, they will go with Ursula in a canoe so as not to be unfair " Croix explains.

The girls all understand, so they go to change, besides putting the waistcoats, generally they went with shorter clothes as shorts and the Luna Nova t-shirt, with the only exception being Sucy who went with trousers, since they were going to get wet, already prepared for the occasion of probably falling on the water and not having the risk of sinking.
With all ready, they organize themselves lined up near the pier, where Croix and Ursula are also there, the blue haired one goes next with Marianne and Hellene, since they are with fragmented teams, to help the girls.

" All right, as you can see from the buoys, you have to follow the course around the lagoon, it is a team effort, make sure you paddle well and in sync, that is all you will need to make it through this competition, ready? I will shoot and you run to the canoes with the colours of your respective teams " Meridies warns everyone.