Chapter 5

Ms. Guiterez said she instructed Floryn!

When they exited, I ran. I didn't know which direction I was going until I bumped into Jericho."Rico help me!" I looked like I was about to cry in panic, because I couldn't give the banner.

"Tsk! Why didn't you give it to Florin?" Liz shot me a dirty look. What's wrong with Liz? this is crazy!

"It's not his fault." Jericho said.I could feel my heart was hyperactively beating that I lost attention to my surroundings.,

"urrgghh! what did I do?!" I was going crazy because Ms. Guiterez's voice is loud when she gets angry.

"That's ok..." Jericho was patting my shoulder.

 "But how can we fix that? I ruined your performance."

"uhmmm...Blaine?" Jericho asked.

 "What?" I said.

"Blaine, we'll help you." Kenneth even came with me to return the banner. Holy moly! I know this isn't the time but I was surprised to help me!

I was walking with Kenneth and Jericho to where  Ms. Gutierrez was standing beside the stage. I couldn't control my trembling hand.

 "Ms..." I said carefully.

 "Yes?" she gave me bright and shinning sarcastic smile.

"I didn't give the banner to Floryn. I called her but, she didn't hear me. I'm sorry." I said.

  Ms. Guiterez slammed her hand on her face.

 "uhmm..it's ok blaine...as long as you did your best. It's not your fault." I suddenly heard Sir Corpuz's voice.

 "Well, he ruined everything!" Ms. Gutierez raised her voice. Many stopped what they were doing and watched my downfall. Annalyn, Kiko and Edgar were just on the side of the stage.

They felt sorry for me. In the back are Denver and his classmates. This was so embarrassing. 

"It's Floryn's fault!" I was surprised when Ms. taught Gutierez glared at me. Why does it seem, I was the one who deserves to be scolded? Floryn should be here as well! "It's your fault too. Let go of that banner! Your hand is making it even more dirty!" She snatched the banner away and that fell to my side.

 "Sorry, Ms." I said again. "Is there anything else I can do?"

 "What can be done?" She yelled. "Can't you see? The performance is ruined! You don't know anything! Since I chose you because I thought you were better than your father!"

 I knew there was a feud between my family and Ms. Guiterez before. I thought that was over. But this was all an act.

 "Owwwwwwwwwwww! Eddie was among those students who booed me.I felt tight and looked at my hand. Kenneth wrapped his hand with mine. "Don't give up. I'm here."

 "Ms." Aisha began.

"I'll just make a portfolio." I offered.

 "Well, how are you going to do it? Huh?!" asked Ms. Gutierrez.

 "Ms. Guiterez! You have no right to say that to Blaine! I'm suggesting that he will make a portfolio about the M.I Festival!" Sir Corpuz defended.

He blocked the four of us. Aisha and Kenneth were glaring at her.

 "Don't make me a fool like you!" She shouted at sir. Corpuz. "Since you were my friends then! You and Marlon cheated on the fourth quarter exam and I was blamed!"

 "Don't involve my dad in this." I said. "I know what he did was wrong."

 "Oh, really?" answered Ms. Gutierrez. "So that's why you're so thirsty for my grades in P.E?" Before I knew the feud between the three of them. I was surprised why she was giving me 80. Well, I became a leader in a dance.

 "Ms, Blaine is studying well. here" Jericho defended. Even though he was never my classmate and I was never close to him.

 "No! I know he did it on purpose, to get avenge his dad."

"Wait, why would you put your insecurities first?" Jericho asked.

 "SHUT UP! If you don't want to get involved in this! He's doing that because I know I don't like him! Right?!" Then she glowered at me. "You want the truth? I don't want you! Because every inch of you reminds me of how your father betrayed me! Because people like you are all the same, do you understand?!"

 "Blaine's not dumb!" Aisha said with a venom in her voice. One that I've never heard from her.

 "Ms. Guiterez, that's it!"Kiko suddenly interfered. There was no fear attached to his face.

 "Why are you protecting that Blaine!" shouted Eddie.

 "Shut up, ugly!" Kiko said and he was taken back.

 "Ms. Guiterez is  just exaggerating it."Jericho sneered.

 "Am I exaggerating, Jericho? Well, we've been embarrassed to the whole faculty! He's still the right one now? He has no right."

I was genuinely afraid for not my life, but theirs. To everyone who protected me today.

I sniffed and held my hand against my shirt. Its collar was already wet.
 "No right?" Mrs. Guiterez said incredulously. "Blaine and Floryn ruined this performance! Maybe we should do second!"

 "We all know that Sir Martinez's performance will be first." We were surprised when one of my elementary math teachers appeared It was Mrs.Padernal.  "So, what's the point of blaming my student? If you lose, accept it. Better luck next school year."

 "Mrs. Padernal, it's not just about him either!"

 "I know" Mrs. Padernal said coolly. She narrowed her eyes. "I may not know the whole story, and what his father and Mr. Corpuz did was wrong. But you don't have to humiliate him. I mean, all professional professors know that there's a time and place to talk about this incident. Not here during the school event."Ms. kept quiet. Guiterez for a few seconds.

She picked up the banner and threw it at me but before it hit to me, Jericho shoved it away. 

I just didn't have the voice because our grades also depend on it.

Aisha put her hand on my shoulder and comforted me.

 Ms. Guiterez's nostrils flared and she strolled away, eaving one death glare at me.

 "Blaine, are you okay?" Sir. Corpuz asked worriedly.

Kenneth let go.I took a deep breath and Aisha hugged me.

"Don't worry sir. It's my fault. Excuse me." They paved their way for me and I hid behind the chapel to cry again.

 ****

 I've been staring outside the window with my head rested on my arm. "Is he being like this for an hour?" asked Yzza.

"Yeah." Annalyn answered.

"Guys! Let's go to the booths!"There was a lively voice in Jian.

"Alright.. let's go together" Annalyn said.

Ok, I'll follow but I might see some silly people down. I'm in a bit of a mood right now.

 it was better to leave the room than to dwell here on what I did.