Chapter 11

Jian didn't make a mistake. Apart from raising our status as a family. How many times have I heard from people I don't know about our Bakery company. The Brodgriguez Company had some serious reputation in BGC.

 I won't be surprised if we carry it all the way to Iloilo.Last year, the name of the company was almost ruined because of dad's brother, who did nothing but party every other day. Someone put a dead rat inside the cake.

 Until now, the culprit has not yet been caught. I'm here. He really has no value in what my grandfather is struggling with.

The next day, our English class teacgher assigned planning for our group reporting about Romeo and Juliet. I found the story absurd, so I just had to report about the theme and what were my insights. 

I got another text again.

 [fk u]

 huh? who is this?! urrgggh! When I overthink it last night. I came to the conclusion that it was Kiko.

[i know u but u donno meh]

 [Who are you!?]

[i em you faderr]

I turned in Kiko's direction and I also turned around and then our English teacher wasn't there, I immediately went to his seat.

"Kiko, why are you texting me?" I said angrily

 "huh? what are you talking about?"

 "It's really you!" I showed him the text

 "Huh? That's not me" he said and he looked serious.
  "Who is this then?"

 "I do not know"

Then I heard someone was snickering behind me. I turned around and saw Rico was still sending messages. I pinched his ear up and he screamed. "You idiot! Why did you do that?"

"A-ah, Blaine, let go, let go. That hurts."

"It will, if you won't stop!"

"okay! Okay! I'll stop." He opened his eyes. "If you let me have one kiss"

*BANG!*  I spanked his head and he collapsed to the floor. 

"Mr. Brodriguez!" I shot up immediately when I saw our english teacher at the door. "Go back to your proper seat."

Rico and I stared at each other for a few seconds. I raised up my hand to hit him again when our english teacher scowled at me.  When I returned to my seat, Rico was silently laughing at me.

***

Annalyn went to the canteen to buy juice and I thought I would just go with her "Annalyn Wait!" I waved. she waited for me. When we were in the canteen we were talking about the mysterious guy that Liz was talking about yesterday.

 "What's his name again?"
 "Nirko"

 "Nirko? what does he look like?"
 "Kinda smaller than you."

Suddenly, the face of the library boy peeked into my mind. "Never mind as long as he was not Nirko."We are now standing in line to pay for what we bought. I gave my 7 pesos to the cashier. I went out when Annalyn and I returned, I saw a boy with his back to us, blocking our path."Excuse me!"

 "Oh, it's you." Library boy said.

"Yeah, it's me!" I said, annoyed.

 "You're really funny." Library boy said.

 "What is your name?" 

 "And why do you want to know?"

 "I just want to know you." 

 "Nope." Annalyn said. "Kiss him first."

"ANNALYN!" 

 Library boy looked at me. And he smiled. Wait. He's so cute when he smiles! My pulse was coming hot waves.

Don't make my life complicated. Why are there so many handsome men in our school?

"Can I?"

 "No!" I glared at Annalyn. "Let's go!" I dragged her over our table.

 "Anna? Who is that?" I asked

 "He wants to know you, and you're being choosy."
"Yes, it's like-" I didn't continue what I was about to say because Liz spoke

 "That's Nirko"

"Nirko what?" 

 "Nirko Dela Cruz" answered Liz "he is from the Central Philippine University" 

 "So he's your classmate?" I bounced my eyes between Liz and Annalyn. 

 "Yep" Annalyn confided. 

 "So, he's the one your talking about?" I asked Liz. 

 "No. the other one."

 "There are two of them? Are they twins?" 

 "They are not twins." said Liz. 

 "Don't tell me you have a crush!" Annalyn said.

"Do you think I will?" I asked. "He did bump into me in the library."

 "That's right!" Annalyn teased. "It's a start of a love story."

 "Love story? I'm in reality, Anna!" I told her. "The role of reality is to wake us up that there is no happily ever after!"

****

"Ops" I almost dropped the Harry Potter books I was carrying. Because Krissy recommended it. "Denver, it's you!"

 "What the f--I mean, sorry." I said.

He helped me carry the 7 harry potter books."Harry Potter, huh. Are you a fan?"

 "The books? Not yet. My friend recommended it."

 "Ah. Are you free this afternoon?"

 "Um, I'm not sure, Denver." I thought about Kenneth and Rico's warning.

 "Not sure or you just don't want to be with me?" He teased."I noticed because how many weeks have you been avoiding me?"

 Okay. Now he's being a total creep!

"Hey! We still have somewhere to go..." Wait, why was Nirko here? He put his arm on my shoulder.I seemed to get his gimmick.
"Blaine."
"Blaine." He properly smiled at him. It didn't take long, Denver just left.Nirko turned around.

 "Are you afraid of falling for me?"

 "Falling in love?" I laughed. "Are you on drugs?"

"Come on, let's go get some coffee." he said.

  "Are you asking me out on a date?"4 hours later. Nirko waited for me and I agreed to go with him. Maybe he deserves a second chance, and I was giving it to him. Nirlo bought two caramel macchiatos and we sat together.

 "I don't know, you're just a book nerd." He said.

 I was already sipping on my coffee. "Isn't it surprising?"

 "Not really. But be careful. Maybe you just want to write and fantasize."Ouch. I'm offended by that.

"No! What do you people think that writers live in their imagination? They're writing because they want to sublimate their feelings."

 "Sublimation?"

"Sublimation, according to Freud; By the way, he made a theory called psychoanalysis, that's a defense mechanism. You can reduce unacceptable urges or harmful stimuli by writing stories, painting or participating in athletic competitions."

 "Do you want to be a psychologist?"

 "No. I just read that on the internet." I sipped from my coffee again. "But I want to continue our bakery business with my family. But psychology would be great. What do you want?"

 "My parents want me to be a nurse."

"But what do you want to be?"

 "I would like to be a lawyer but they will not allow me."

 "No! It should be what you want. Not what your parents want."

 "I have no choice." He sighed. "I hope they will  give me a chance."

 "Do not worry." I smiled. "I'm sure, they will let you choose."