Chapter 12

"Looks like you're having deep thoughts, huh? Are you okay?" Aisha asked

"Okay" that's all I said.

"I don't think so! Why aren't you paying attention to my cousin?" Liz said. Duh! He was a creep, Liz! I wanted to say that but I can't. We might just get into trouble. They had a fight yesterday with herugly ass boyfriend!

"Because I don't feel like it."

 Part of me blames myself for not paying attention to Denver. Maybe I had false assumptions about him.

"Uhmm..Blaine!!" Aisha and I looked at Kiko.

"Oh what is that?" I said

"It's..."

"Who?"
 "look over there" 

I was just looking around me but Aisha, Kiko and Liz seemed to be excited I don't know what it was.
 "Oh Shit. I'm Dead" I whispered to myself I immediately retreated to the park where I couldn't be seen "Denver is in the canteen"

 "Aiiiyee! Come on, he's waiting for you!" Liz teased.

 "It's not like he's waiting for someone else," I said grumpily.

 "Hey! Hey! Hey! When did you reject a boy, huh?" Aisha asked.

This is what happened so when liz pushed me to things I was very uncomfortable. When I turned around. Denver was approaching us but he stopped when I felt someone was standing beside me. "Wanna join us?"

I see, Denver couldn't keep coming to me. Phew. "You? Since when you were our friend?" said Liz. At the tone of his speech.

 Aisha looked at me. Looks like she already figured out what I said last week when I told her Liz was changing into an evil witch.

 "It's fine." Kenneth said. "Just Blaine. Can I?"

 "Whatevs!" She said. The three of them entered the canteen.

 Kenneth dragged me to the park and faced me with a mixture of annoyance. I removed his grip on my arm. "I told you, don't go near Denver." He said.

 "Am I not allowed to be friendly to him?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

 "Yes."
 "Are you my mind or something? No one can tell who I will be friends with!"

 "Were you deaf when I told you he's bad news?"

 "What the bad news about?"

 "You don't need to know."

"How will I know if you don't tell me?"

 "It's safer if you don't know." He said in a dead serious tone.

 "Are you serious?"

 He nodded. Then Kenneth moved towards me and lifted my chin up. "Just follow what I say. I don't want you to get hurt."

****

[WHAT?]- Aisha. We talked about Liz and Eddie's fight earlier but the main topic right now was my crazy encounter with Kenneth.

 [Yeah. He told me that. It's good that I don't find out]-me

 [Is Liz's cousin a drug dealer?]- Aisha.

 [It's for us to find out.]-me

 [Don't dwell too much on that. Why don't you ask Rico though.]-aisha

[Why him?]- me

 [You are friends with Rico! Figure it out!]

The next day"Come on, Ric. Say it." I insisted.

 "Kenneth and I agreed we won't tell you!" He whispered.

 "Hey, you two!" Our Chemistry teacher scolded. We queued outside the AVR. We shrank a little. Our other classmates looked at us.

"Never mind!" I said.

 "Okay class, sit anywhere you like." said our chem teacher. Suddenly, my classmates sat in the vacant seats.

So I was the last one and there was only one empty chair, so I sat on it. "This is mine!"

 "Let's share. Your ass is small."

"My ass is so big! Tsk!" I said it with pride.

 "Scoot over!"
 "No!"

 "Get out of there" URGH!

"You leave! I can't share it with you! You said my butt is small!"

 He rolled his eyes. "I was just joking!"

 "You're kidding, my ass! You have four eyes but you can't see I have a big butt!"

 "HEEY! YOU TWO HAVE BEEN FIGHTING SINCE WE LEFT YOUR ROOM! WHAT ARE YOU? YOU TWO ARE BOYFRIENDS?!" Rico and I were surprised. We stopped pushing each other.

"Do you want to leave the room?"

 "No." we both said.

"Don't worry about it!"I was about to leave the seat and get the extra chair

"Wait a minute." Rico immediately grabbed my arm and I looked at him and his eyes were also staring at me.

"What?"

 "Just stay here" he said and took the extra chair. He put it on my side and sat down.

 "Nusiance"

 "Same to you!"

"Nyeee Sorry"He even managed to apologize. He was smiling at me.I really felt defeated this time.

"Alright then. We're good. Just tell me why I can't get close to Denver."

 "No. It's top secret."

I felt like I was going to explode now. "That's not a secret anymore!"

 "I still won't tell." He stuck out his tongue. Then I didn't stop myself hitting him with my notebook.

When our class was over, I saw Jian was standing outside our room. "Hey, what are you doing here?"

"Don't ever interact with Denver. I saw you both the other day." He said coldly. "If you won't stay away. I'll stop being friends with you."