Chapter 24

-Blaine Sam Brodriguez Point of View-

They lunged at them. But the three acted quickly. Liz had a pepper spray and she sprayed it in the eyes of Denver's roommate.

It's like I was in an action movie. Liz and Kenneth mostly knocked Denver's minions.Rico found his way to me without getting himself punch or kickm. "What are you doing here?"

"We're saving you!" Rico was untying the ropes. Someone punched him and he fell."Rico!"

"You've got a lot of Prince Charming, huh, Blaine?" Jian said. "Still sharing.""Go to hell!" I spat."I will enjoy seeing you suffer".

"Leave him alone, Jian!" Rico shouted. He kicked him and fell again.Jian looked at me again and his jaw twitched. "You're screwed.""No." I looked to his side. "You are."

Kenneth punched him. He collapsed unconsciously to the floor. Kenneth ran to me before Rico could even reach me. He  put both of his hands to cup my face. "Blaine, Blaine?" He whispered. 

He collapsed unconsciously to the floor. Kenneth put both of his hands to cup my face. "Blaine, Blaine?" He whispered. Liz came towards Kiko and he woke up too.

"What happened?"

"They knocked you out." Rico replied.

Kenneth was still searching if I had bruises or wounds.

"I'm fine." I stood up and looked at the bodies they knocked out.  "You guys are awesome."

As soon as we got out of the warehouse, Liz hugged me. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I've done. I know it's hard for you to forgive me. But I just really want to say so--"

"Sssh. I'm sorry too. You don't have to tell me, Liz." Tears rolled down my cheeks. "I saw how sincere you were when you told Jian."

"There!" Rico interrupted our moment. "You guys are okay!"

I kicked his leg.

"Ouch!"

****

After camping, I pretty much avoided Rico or Kenneth. I was so mad that they didn't tell me that Denver was REALLY a creep. When we were taking a group photo on the stage.

"Come on, gather around everyone!" Aisha said as we moved closer.  To my left left were Krissy, Nirko, Gavin and Annalyn. To my right was Aisha...and Rico.

"Let's have a group photo." said the photographer.

"Get closer." We managed to squeezed ourselves. At my peripheral, I saw Rico was staring expectantly at me. What am I supposed to do? Say hi after they kept that secret from me?

Liz, on the other hand, she didn't know that his cousin  was a stalker and was planning to take down Rico and Kenneth. I didn't know what else to do. I fumed with anger with Rico and jealousy with Kenneth.

"1, 2,3!" I accidentally caught a glimpse of Rico, he smiled at the camera. Then he caught me looking at me. I lowkey looked back at the camera with a small smile.

"Give your best smile, everyone!" Aisha said. "Thank you eveyone for making this science camp happen!"

When the group picture was done, I came down the stage and headed for the Gazebo to get my bag. I turned around and Rico skidded to a stop.

"Uh, when will the photo uploaded on facebook? I want to see it." He said awkwardly.

I put my hands into my pocket.  I didn't answer, I walked past him. He took my arm. "Hey, B. What's wrong? You know you can talk to me about anything."

More stares...
 Looking at him paved way into something I didn't expect. My heart was beating fast. 

"I have no idea what to do."

I sighed and got all defensive. "Is there something to talk about?"

"About Denve--"

"Denver. I have nothing to say about that anymore."

"But I do"

"Hey, Rico!" Ben, his friend interrupted us.

"Ben, why are you here?"

"Hello, Ben." I said. "Would you please excuse me."

He nodded. I made my way to the quadrangle. I turned my head around and Rico was expecting for me to come back.

Part of me was so angry with him, for lying about Denver.

I illogically thought I  didn't want to be friends with him anymore. Because the more I got close to him, the more I feel I was falling for him. 

And I was terrified, that maybe he would not catch me.