Chapter 18

"Hey fake heartthrob here at school. It doesn't suit you! and another thing, I thought you and Liz broke up?!"Kiko asked.

 Kenneth grabbed me by the arm, because Eddie seemed to strike again.

 "YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SPEAK LIKE THAT TO ME!" Eddie yelled.

"Babe, stop it!" Liz was pulling him away but she couldn't do it.

 "Yeah, why do you always get back together with her?! Your toxic shit wouldn't even save your relationship." I said.

 "You--" Eddie raised his right arm so she could punch me.

"Dude, we can still talk about this." added Kenneth. Hhe looked at Liz. Denver and Jian were standing behind them. Rico, well, his glasses were broken.

"You too?!"Jian spat. "You really want a fight huh!"

"Eddie! Babe don't!" Liz shouted.Eddie was about to punch me but Kenneth stopped his hand."That's right!" I shouted now holding Kenneth's arm.

What a mess! Liz does the same thing on Eddie's arm.Aisha and Kiko were ready to strike between them."What's going on here?" My eyes widened at Sir Ballesteros. "Blaine? Rico? Can anybody explain?"

Everyone just stopped. I opened my mouth, "We had a fight, sir."

When the party ended, we didn't leave the school. We sat on the stoned seats at the quadrangle. Sir Ballesteros spoke to us one by one.

"Are you ok?" Rico asked me.

"I'm all right."

 "Ouch!!" Kenneth had wound near his eyebrow and the side of his mouth.

We asked the clinic for betadine and cotton to put on his wounds."Uhm...Blaine, you'll take care of him." said Rico when Sir Ballesteros called him.

 "Let me help you" I put his hand on my shoulder. While we were walking to the park, to have a privacy. There I continued treating his wound. "man, that hurts." 

 "Why did you also join our fight?"

 "for--ouch!" for what? to protect me? what! don't assume blaine!

"Ouch! Ouch!"

"Stop moving!"

 "Ouch! ouch!"

 "you're crazy!"

 "You're killing me!" he complained. "But the truth is, I saw you and Denver, and I knew he would do some crazy stuff if we wouldn't protect you. Just trust me, Blaine. He's not what you think he is."

I was nodding. "If you want me to trust you. Then tell me. Cause Denver is not the guy who would harm me."

"He is!"

"Why? What happened?"

He looked conflicted. "It's complicated. I don't want anyone to know."

"Come on, Kenneth. You can trust me."

He just glowered. "Don't even--Ow!"

"That, is not telling me! I'm not going to treat you anymore, you want?"

 "Alright, but take it slow please? and just trust me." 

He gave me puppy eyes"alright"

 when I finished treating him he turned to me and I also turned to him "Thank you"

****

"Alright, I'm leaving bye" I told Aisha. After we talked to Sir. Ballesteros,  our punishment was to clean our own classroom for one week. The cleaners assigned that day will not clean.

 Kiko, Rico and I in our classroom.Liz and Eddie in their classroom.Denver and Jian in their section.

 Kenneth and Aisha in Humility.

We took Rico's car to the condo where he lives. I just drove, even though I don't have a driver's license. Dad taught me. I saw him calling his parents.

 "hello ma?" Rico said. From his cellphone, I just listen to them. Rico said he would sleep there. And he directly told me that condo was only used to be close to the school.When we got there, I couldn't stop scanning the unit. "It's big."

"Yeah...." he answered as if he didn't have any appetite. "oh by the way. The reason I'm here is because mommy and daddy might scold me for what happened to me and then the reason is that you're with me." Rico explained. "I really need a new glasses tomorrow."

 "Ric, I'm leaving" I said goodbye.

He ran to the door and blocked my way. "Why?"

 "There's no one in the house."

"Please stay here" With a cute smile.

When he does this, I knew he needed something. "But why?"

 "I'm afraid to be alone here"

 I'm going to have a sleep over here.-_-

 I also cooked marinated chicken for dinner. His ingredients are complete here. After we ate, I went online on Facebook using the tab.

"oyyy aren't you going to sleep?"
 "I don't want to share a bed with you" I said.

 "Whatever. It's up to you, maybe Sadako will come to you when you sleep there in the couch

I screamed. I jumped up and went to bed.

"I thought you like horror movies. Weak." Rico teased

"Shut up, Rico!"

 "Blaine?" he turned off the tv and I turned to him "Do you believe in true love?"

 "Huh? Why are you asking me that?"

He was just staring at the wall.  "I just want to know nothing" he answered"love? I don't even know what that is, I just know that I got hurt because..."
 "Because what?"

He turned to me. "Is it okay if I tell you that the reason why I still don't have a girlfriend was, Ariel. She's my ex. She cheated on me."

"Have you moved on?"

"Yeah." He smiled. "I want to be happy."

 "Then who do you like now?"

This time, he stared at me. "Can I kiss you?" He asked me. My eyes widened because of what he said. Rico brought me closer to my face "I've always wanted to kiss you."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" my virgin lips!

"Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" I screamed. It was just a dream, I thought it was true! I almost fell off the bed.Suddenly the door  opened  "Blaine it's morning, why are you screaming?" Rico asked. He was half-naked and had his morning hair. I could see his very yummy abs!

"AAAAAAAHHH!!!""Don't be disgusted! It's just my abs!"I threw a pillow at him. "Get dressed!"

"Okay." He went into his closet. I looked at the window and thought; what the hell is happening to me?

****

I baked strawberry cupcakes during the weekend for fun. I was learning how to. I know, you will say that my talent is super complex.

 I just finished printing an assignment in Cyberspace. Where all students can access the internet to search or print their assignments.It had been a week since the incident happened. I don't regret being a cleaner for one week. Especially when you are with your two crazy friends.

 Liz and I also met once. She raised her hand to say hi but I instantly rolled my eyes and chose to avoid her. It was the inevitable off-putting. She said those words to me, and sometimes I still think of it. There was even a time I had to call Rico because I was crying.

It looks like Ms. Guiterez was right about my life being a mess. But hell if it is. It's part of being a teenage.

Someone pulled me to the AVR when I got outside the Cyberspace. "The Acquatance Party was insane! I didn't know you could wrangle Jian like that." Nirko was smiling.

 "I'm a fighter." I laughed nervously.

 "Damn, you are!"
 "Did Liz freak?"
 "Yes."He laughed. "You're the real deal, huh, Blaine."
 "Yeah. I guess."

 We went back to the grade 9 hall together. "What is that?" He pointed to a box of cupcakes."Recess. I'll give it to Aisha later. She loves this so much. In the summer, she came to the house several times just to eat my cooking."
 "You like to read as well as you like to cook."
 "Yeah. If you want to taste cupcakes. Come join us and the Rocketeers at recess."
 "The Rocketeers?"
 "That's me and Aisha and..." Liz. "Kiko."

"Your friends?" He smiled. "I think, I'd like to hang out with you.""What are you." I said. "You're welcome anytime!"Recess came, and Nirko was waiting outside the classroom. Of course, when you're living in Iloilo, you can't avoid the eyes that have hidden insecurities.

You can only trust a few. Like my friends. "She went nuts!" Kiko was saying."Hey, everyone!" Nirko and I sat down and I opened the cupcakes. Annalyn squealed but Aisha took it. Because she is greedy, and I was used to her behavior."Are not you scared?" said Aisha."Wait, what are we talking about?" I asked."Ms. Guiterez accused me." Kiko was munching the cupcake. "He said I took the paper he left in the library. I didn't take it. Somebody probably stole that paper with an important contract on it. Hey, this is pretty good! It can be bought."

"You go to try those in our bakery shop." I said. But then I stopped talking when Nirko ate the cupcake.

"True!" Nirko said happily. "It's definitely 10 out of 10. No wonder why you owned one of the biggest companies in the Philippines. It tops even Ms. Guiterez cupcakes.""Wait, she sells cupcakes too?""Yes. Here at school." said Aisha. "Didn't you know?"I shook my head.

"Anyway, yours is still good." Aisha smiled."Yeah, maybe that's why she's angry with you." Nirko took another one."You think so?""Sure. I mean, I just heard from Annalyn but well...these are very delicious, Blaine."

"Oh yeah, you guys are going for the Science camp, right?" Aisha asked. 

We all nodded. "I'm super excited, your boy is going to be there."

"Who? Kenneth?"

"Rico and Kenneth."

Then an idea popped out in my head, so I dragged Aisha away from the Rocketeers. "Can you help me?"

"Yeah, sure. What is it?"

"I have a friend from my writing community, ah," I was having a hard time to explain. "He is wondering if his friend likes him. Ah, Damn it. Okay, I'll start over.  Person A..."

"Wait is this math?"

"No." I resumed. "Person A likes me--I mean Person A likes Person B."

"Who is that guy anyway? I thought you never had a writing community anymore."

"I joined another one." I faked a smile. 

"Get his friend drunk, I'm sure I've heard when you're drunk. You're confessing what you really feel."

"No way. We can't do that either."

"I must be out of my mind asking you this."

Aisha frowned and she was thinking. "Hmmm. Ah! I know now! I did that to Kiko one time. It worked. Make him jealous."

"Why would I--I mean, why would he do that?"

"No matter how a person hide his true feelings, it will eventually comes out if he or she sees other people approaching the person they like."

"Make him jealous." I muttered.

That's risky but okay.